youtube-transcript.ai

If You Feel Like You Don’t Belong Anywhere, Watch This

Watch with subtitles, summary & AI chat
Add the free Subkun extension — works directly on YouTube.
  • Watch
  • Subtitles
  • Summary
  • Ask AI
Try free →

Feeling like you don't belong is a sign that you're not meant to fit into conventional molds, but rather to create something new. Instead of trying to fit in, focus on finding communities that accept you for who you are or build your own. Your unique traits and sensitivities are not flaws, but superpowers that enable you to live an authentic and meaningful life.

Full Transcript (Bilingual)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjtoGWswqcU
Translation: zh-CN

[00:00] Have you ever felt like you don't belong?
你有没有过觉得自己不属于任何地方?

[00:05] Like you're just a shell walking through a world that everyone else seems to know how to navigate.
就像你只是一个行尸走肉,走在一个似乎每个人都知道如何应对的世界里。

[00:08] You're surrounded by people, but you've never felt more alone.
你被人群包围着,但你从未感到如此孤独。

[00:12] You try to connect, you try to find your footing, but you always end up back in that same quiet, empty space inside.
你试图建立联系,试图找到自己的立足点,但你总是回到那个同样安静、空虚的内心空间。

[00:20] If you've always felt out of place, like a puzzle piece that was forced into the wrong box, this video is for you.
如果你一直觉得自己格格不入,就像一块被强行塞进错误盒子的拼图,那么这个视频就是为你准备的。

[00:27] It's not about fixing you, it's about finding out where you truly belong.
这不是要“修复”你,而是要找到你真正属于的地方。

[00:31] Think about Naruto.
想想鸣人。

[00:34] For years, he was the outcast, the monster everyone feared.
多年来,他一直是那个被排斥的、让每个人都恐惧的怪物。

[00:39] He was completely, utterly alone, but he didn't let that break him.
他完全、彻底地孤独着,但他没有让这一切击垮他。

[00:41] He used that pain, that feeling of being an outsider, as fuel to become the Hokage.
他将那种痛苦,那种局外人的感觉,作为动力,最终成为了火影。

[00:48] Of course, Naruto is fictional, so let's talk about two real outliers.
当然,鸣人是虚构的,所以让我们来谈谈两个真实的特例。

[00:54] First, Jeremy Albertson, Jerma985.
首先,杰里米·阿尔伯特森,Jerma985。

[00:58] Early on, he didn't have it all mapped
早期,他并没有完全规划好

[01:00] Early on, he didn't have it all mapped out.
早期,他并没有完全规划好。

[01:02] He had dreams of acting, of performing, of being someone on stage.
他梦想着演戏、表演、成为舞台上的人。

[01:07] But life doesn't always hand you a straight path.
但生活并不总是给你一条笔直的路。

[01:09] He stumbled into creating gaming content, then eventually into streaming, showing up as himself again and again, even when the world wasn't paying attention.
他偶然开始制作游戏内容,然后最终开始直播,一次又一次地展现真实的自己,即使全世界都不关注。

[01:18] And that's the part people forget.
而这正是人们忘记的部分。

[01:22] Sometimes it doesn't click in a year, sometimes it takes a decade.
有时一年内不会成功,有时需要十年。

[01:27] But after years of staying authentic, Jerma became widely adored and accepted for exactly who he is.
但在多年保持真实后,Jerma 赢得了广泛的喜爱和接受,因为他就是他自己。

[01:34] And then there's Jimmy Donaldson, Mr. Beast.
然后是 Jimmy Donaldson,Mr. Beast。

[01:37] School didn't feel like it was his path, either.
学校似乎也不是他的道路。

[01:39] He was a quirky kid obsessed with YouTube and gaming, and instead of forcing himself into a life that didn't fit, he committed to the thing he couldn't stop thinking about.
他是一个古怪的孩子,痴迷于 YouTube 和游戏,但他没有强迫自己过不适合他的生活,而是致力于他无法停止思考的事情。

[01:48] Making videos, studying the platform, and creating a non-stop, even when most people didn't get it.
制作视频,研究平台,并持续不断地创作,即使大多数人都不理解。

[01:55] Over time, that obsession turned into mastery, and that mastery turned into one of the biggest creator success stories
随着时间的推移,那种痴迷变成了精通,而那种精通则变成了一个最大的创作者成功故事

[02:01] of the biggest creator success stories on the planet.
地球上最伟大的创作者成功故事之一。

[02:02] These are not anomalies.
这些并非异常现象。

[02:05] They are prime examples of individuals who were quirky in their own ways, but pushed through and turned their unique traits into something more.
它们是那些以自己独特的方式古怪,但坚持不懈并将自己独特的特质转化为更伟大成就的个体的典范。

[02:12] You are meant to be different, and that's your gift.
你注定与众不同,这就是你的天赋。

[02:17] That feeling of being out of place isn't a sign that you're broken, it's a sign that you are not meant to fit into the mold.
那种格格不入的感觉并不是你出了问题的迹象,而是表明你不适合这个模子。

[02:22] You are meant to build something new.
你注定要创造新的事物。

[02:27] The first reason you might feel out of place is that you could be an old soul.
你可能感到格格不入的第一个原因是,你可能是一个老灵魂。

[02:31] You're living in a world that values speed and noise and superficial connections, but you crave depth, silence, and authenticity.
你生活在一个崇尚速度、喧嚣和肤浅联系的世界里,但你渴望深度、宁静和真实。

[02:39] You don't care about the latest trends or celebrity gossip.
你不在乎最新的潮流或名人八卦。

[02:43] You want to talk about the stars, about the meaning of life, about the things that truly matter.
你想谈论星辰,生命的意义,以及那些真正重要的事情。

[02:50] This can make you feel disconnected from your peers, like you're an old-timey philosopher stuck in a world that moves too fast.
这会让你感觉与同龄人脱节,就像一个老派的哲学家被困在一个运转过快的世界里。

[02:57] The second reason is that you might be a highly sensitive person, or HSP.
第二个原因是,你可能是一个高度敏感的人,或者说 HSP。

[02:59] This is not a disorder,
这并非一种疾病,

[03:02] person, or HSP. This is not a disorder, it's a biological trait.
人,或者高敏感者。这并非一种障碍,而是一种生物特质。

[03:04] Your nervous system is simply more receptive to stimuli.
你的神经系统对刺激更加敏感。

[03:08] You notice the subtle details others miss, the way a person's smile doesn't reach their eyes, the faint hum of the lights, the emotional undercurrent in a room.
你注意到别人忽略的细微之处,比如一个人的笑容未能抵达眼底,灯光微弱的嗡嗡声,房间里情感的暗流。

[03:15] But this gift comes at a cost.
但这份天赋也伴随着代价。

[03:21] A crowded mall, a loud concert, or even a tense family dinner can feel like a full-blown assault on your senses, leaving you drained and desperate to escape.
拥挤的商场、喧闹的音乐会,甚至紧张的家庭聚餐,都可能让你感觉感官遭受全面攻击,让你精疲力尽,渴望逃离。

[03:31] And the third reason is perhaps the most significant.
第三个原因或许是最重要的。

[03:33] Your values don't align with the path you are told to take.
你的价值观与被告知要走的路不符。

[03:37] Society has a clear blueprint of success, but what if that blueprint feels like a cage?
社会有一个清晰的成功蓝图,但如果那个蓝图感觉像牢笼呢?

[03:43] What if your idea of a successful life is about creative expression, helping others, or simply living a quiet, intentional life?
如果一个成功的人生对你来说意味着创造性的表达、帮助他人,或者仅仅是过一种平静、有意识的生活呢?

[03:51] This misalignment between your inner truth and the outer world can create a constant, low-grade hum of "I don't belong here."
你内在的真实与外部世界之间的这种错位,会产生一种持续的、低沉的“我不属于这里”的感受。

[04:00] So, what do you do with this feeling?
那么,你该如何处理这种感觉呢?

[04:03] So, what do you do with this feeling?
那么,你如何处理这种感觉?

[04:04] Do you keep trying to force yourself into the box, or do you accept that you were meant for a different one entirely?
你是继续试图把自己塞进那个框框里,还是接受你生来就属于另一个完全不同的地方?

[04:11] The shift from feeling out of place to finding your place starts with one fundamental change in perspective.
从感到格格不入到找到自己的位置的转变,始于一个根本性的视角改变。

[04:16] First, stop trying to fit in and start seeking to belong.
首先,停止试图融入,开始寻求归属。

[04:19] Fitting in is about changing yourself to be accepted.
融入意味着改变自己以获得接纳。

[04:24] Belonging is about finding people who accept you for who you already are.
归属意味着找到那些接纳你本来的样子的人。

[04:29] Stop shrinking yourself to fit into spaces that were never designed for you.
停止委屈自己去适应那些从未为你设计的空间。

[04:33] Your weirdness is not a flaw, it's your compass.
你的怪异不是缺点,而是你的指南针。

[04:34] It's pointing you toward your tribe.
它正指引你走向你的族群。

[04:37] Second, create your own place.
其次,创造你自己的地方。

[04:40] If you can't find a community that feels like home, build one.
如果你找不到一个让你有归属感的社区,那就自己建立一个。

[04:42] Heck, Psych2Go itself is a testimonial to this.
说真的,Psych2Go本身就是最好的证明。

[04:45] Our founder, while being a psychology student himself in his first year, had a profound interest in psychology and wanted to make that knowledge accessible to everyone.
我们的创始人,在他大一时,本身就是一名心理学专业的学生,他对心理学有着浓厚的兴趣,并希望将这些知识普及给所有人。

[04:54] He started by growing a community on Tumblr for individuals who were just as passionate, and that became the seed for Psych2Go.
他开始在Tumblr上为和他一样充满热情的人们建立一个社区,而这成为了Psych2Go的种子。

[05:03] And that became the seed for Psych2Go.
这成为了Psych2Go的种子。

[05:06] It later evolved, with team members who shared the same vision, into a community focused on mental wellness and advocacy.
后来,随着拥有相同愿景的团队成员的加入,它发展成为一个专注于心理健康和倡导的社区。

[05:10] That's the power of creating your own tribe.
这就是创造自己部落的力量。

[05:12] You don't need permission to build your sanctuary.
你不需要许可来建造你的避难所。

[05:16] And finally, reframe your otherness as a superpower.
最后,将你的与众不同重塑为一种超能力。

[05:20] Your sensitivity allows you to be an incredible artist, a deep friend, and a
你的敏感让你成为一位令人难以置信的艺术家、一位深厚的朋友,以及一位

[05:23] Your old soul wisdom allows you to see through the noise and focus on what's truly important.
你老灵魂的智慧让你能够穿透喧嚣,专注于真正重要的事情。

[05:31] Your different values [music] give you the courage to build a life that is authentic and meaningful, not just predictable.
你不同的价值观[音乐]赋予你勇气去建立一种真实而有意义的生活,而不仅仅是可预测的生活。

[05:37] The very thing that [music] made you feel like an alien is the source of your greatest power.
正是[音乐]让你觉得自己像个外星人的东西,是你最大力量的源泉。

[05:45] Feeling out of place isn't a curse, it's a calling.
感到格格不入并非诅咒,而是一种召唤。

[05:50] It's a sign [music] that you're not meant to be a clone.
这是一个[音乐]信号,表明你注定不是一个复制品。

[05:52] You're meant to be an original.
你注定要做一个原创。

[05:57] It's a [music] journey from feeling like a lonely alien to realizing you're a pioneer, exploring new worlds [music] of
这是一段[音乐]旅程,从感觉自己像个孤独的外星人,到意识到你是一位先驱,探索着新的世界[音乐]的

[06:04] Pioneer, exploring new worlds of thought and feeling.
开拓者,探索思想和情感的新世界。

[06:06] Thought and feeling.
思想和情感。

[06:06] You're not lost, you're just on a path less traveled.
你没有迷路,你只是走在一条人迹罕至的路上。

[06:10] So, stop trying to find where you fit in and start building the place where you belong.
所以,停止试图找到你的位置,开始建立你所属的地方。

[06:14] The world wasn't ready for you, so you have to be the one to get it ready.
世界还没有准备好迎接你,所以你必须成为让它准备好的人。

[06:19] If you're feeling a bit lost on this journey and want to figure out what your specific gifts are, let us know in the comments if you'd be interested in a video on how to find out what your unique gifts are.
如果你在这段旅程中感到有些迷茫,并想弄清楚你独特的天赋是什么,请在评论中告诉我们,如果你有兴趣观看一个关于如何找到你独特天赋的视频。

[06:28] Your feedback helps us create the content you actually need.
你的反馈帮助我们创造你真正需要的内容。

[06:33] You've got this.
你能行。

Cite this page

If you're using ChatGPT, Claude, Gemini, or another AI assistant, paste this URL into the chat:

https://youtube-transcript.ai/docs/if-you-feel-like-you-don-t-belong-anywhere-watch-this-awldk5g9g3

The full transcript and summary on this page will be retrieved as context, so the assistant can answer questions about the video accurately.