youtube-transcript.ai

PMBOK 8th Edition Questions & Answers 11 to 20 - Pass your PMP and Learn the PMBOK Guide

Watch with subtitles, summary & AI chat
Add the free Subkun extension — works directly on YouTube.
  • Watch
  • Subtitles
  • Summary
  • Ask AI
Try free →

This video covers practice questions 11 through 20 for the PMBOK 8th Edition, focusing on the Standard for Project Management. It explains key concepts like integrating quality into processes, collaborative conflict resolution, the relationship between cost/risk over a project's lifecycle, and different development approaches (predictive, adaptive, hybrid). The questions also touch upon identifying leading indicators, the importance of the project charter, understanding the business case, and differentiating between assumption logs, risk registers, and issue logs.

Full Transcript (Bilingual)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41QBVNTITvI
Translation: zh-CN

[00:00] Hi everyone, welcome to the second lot.
大家好,欢迎来到第二部分。

[00:01] Hi everyone, welcome to the second lot of 10 practice questions as we're going through the Pumbach guide or the project management body of knowledge, the guide 8th edition which came out in 2025 and we're currently going through the standard for project management which is the little introductory section to the Pumbok guide and it's more of an overview what project management is.
大家好,欢迎来到我们正在学习的《泵巴赫指南》或《项目管理知识体系指南》第8版(于2025年发布)的10个练习题的第二部分,我们目前正在学习项目管理标准,这是《泵巴赫指南》开头的小介绍部分,它更多地概述了项目管理是什么。

[00:20] It's sort of the fundamentals or the basics.
它有点像是基础或基本原理。

[00:21] So things will start out a little bit easier and get a bit more tricky as we start going through the rest of these questions that are aligned from start to finish with the project management body of knowledge.
所以事情会开始时容易一点,然后随着我们开始学习与《项目管理知识体系指南》从头到尾都一致的其余问题,会变得更棘手一些。

[00:33] Let's get into this lot of questions.
让我们开始做这部分问题。

[00:35] You're a project manager working on a chip fabrication project at NG Micro Devices.
你是一名项目经理,正在NG Micro Devices公司的一个芯片制造项目上工作。

[00:40] A functional manager raises concerns about the quality of deliverables being passed to their department and wants assurance that standards will be consistently met.
一位职能经理对交付给他们部门的可交付成果的质量表示担忧,并希望确保标准能够得到持续满足。

[00:48] How will you manage this on your project?
你将如何在你的项目上管理这个问题?

[00:51] Do we need test evaluation documents or quality management plan?
我们需要测试评估文件还是质量管理计划?

[00:55] Let's have a look.
让我们来看看。

[00:57] Quality should be verified through final inspection before delivery.
质量应在交付前通过最终检验进行验证。

[00:59] Yes, that's
是的,那是

[01:02] inspection before delivery.
交货前检查。

[01:02] Yes, that's potentially very true.
是的,这可能非常正确。

[01:03] So, we'll put that as a maybe for now.
所以,我们暂时将其视为可能。

[01:06] Quality should be integrated into processes to consistently achieve target quality thresholds.
质量应融入流程,以持续实现目标质量阈值。

[01:10] That's also true.
这也是事实。

[01:13] So we do want quality to be part of everything that we do on our project from requirements through to design through to developing the item or creating the item and through to quality checking it itself.
所以我们确实希望质量成为我们项目中的一部分,从需求到设计,再到开发或创建项目,再到对其本身进行质量检查。

[01:27] Let's check the other answers though just in case.
不过,我们还是以防万一检查一下其他答案。

[01:29] Quality should be managed separately from project processes to ensure independence.
质量应与项目流程分开管理,以确保独立性。

[01:33] Well, I think we actually want it to be part of the project management process.
嗯,我认为我们实际上希望它是项目管理流程的一部分。

[01:37] So let's put that one as a no.
所以我们将其视为否。

[01:37] and quality should focus on correcting defects after they are identified.
质量应侧重于在识别缺陷后纠正它们。

[01:44] Okay, now I'm starting to get a clear picture on this.
好的,现在我对此有了清晰的认识。

[01:46] This is about the cost of quality because we don't just want to find defects.
这是关于质量成本,因为我们不仅要发现缺陷。

[01:51] We want to prevent them and we want to review the product to make sure that we're catching them before they reach the customer.
我们要预防它们,并审查产品以确保在它们到达客户之前就被发现。

[01:59] So, we really want them to be integrated into processes to consistently achieve target quality
所以,我们确实希望它们能融入流程,以持续实现目标质量

[02:03] Consistently achieve target quality thresholds. Let's go with answer B.
持续达到目标质量阈值。我们选择答案 B。

[02:06] Thresholds. Let's go with answer B. Okay, wonderful. Embed quality into processes and deliverables to maintain a consistent focus on achieving those thresholds.
阈值。我们选择答案 B。好的,太棒了。将质量融入流程和可交付成果中,以保持对实现这些阈值的持续关注。

[02:12] Consistent focus on achieving those thresholds. This emphasis on quality helps ensure outcomes that meet project objectives and align with the needs, requirements, and acceptance criteria set by relevant stakeholders.
持续关注以实现这些阈值。这种对质量的强调有助于确保结果符合项目目标,并与相关利益相关者设定的需求、要求和验收标准保持一致。

[02:23] Set by relevant stakeholders. Now, this is in the standard for project management page 43. So, already we're getting through the standard for project management and there's only 70 or 80 pages.
由相关利益相关者设定。现在,这在项目管理标准第 43 页。所以,我们已经开始阅读项目管理标准,而它只有 70 或 80 页。

[02:32] Pages. It's quite a short document at the beginning of the Pumbok guide. And so this is a really good sign. Embed quality into processes and deliverables.
页。这是 Pumbok 指南开头的一份相当简短的文件。所以这是一个非常好的迹象。将质量融入流程和可交付成果中。

[02:42] Quality into processes and deliverables. Really wonderful stuff. All right. How did you go with that one? Raphael is managing a government mega project at SGI involving multiple vendors.
质量融入流程和可交付成果。真的很棒。好了。你做得怎么样?拉斐尔正在 SGI 管理一个涉及多个供应商的政府大型项目。

[02:51] SGI involving multiple vendors. A conflict arises between vendor teams over shift allocations or rotations creating tension and affecting productivity.
涉及多个供应商的 SGI。供应商团队之间因轮班分配或轮岗而产生冲突,造成紧张并影响生产力。

[02:58] Creating tension and affecting productivity. Now the issue is starting to affect project deliverables. How
造成紧张并影响生产力。现在这个问题开始影响项目可交付成果。如何

[03:03] to affect project deliverables.
影响项目可交付成果。

[03:03] How should Raphael address this situation?
Raphael应该如何处理这种情况?

[03:06] should Raphael address this situation?
Raphael应该如何处理这种情况?

[03:06] Okay, different teams maybe a conflict.
好的,不同的团队可能存在冲突。

[03:09] Okay, different teams maybe a conflict.
好的,不同的团队可能存在冲突。

[03:09] This could be about conflict management.
这可能与冲突管理有关。

[03:11] This could be about conflict management.
这可能与冲突管理有关。

[03:11] Let's have a look.
让我们来看看。

[03:13] Let's have a look.
让我们来看看。

[03:13] Do we force the vendors to follow the agreed contract terms?
我们是否强迫供应商遵守商定的合同条款?

[03:15] vendors to follow the agreed contract terms?
供应商遵守商定的合同条款?

[03:15] In some cases, we may want to do that and we may be able to do that if there's a contract involved.
在某些情况下,我们可能希望这样做,并且如果涉及合同,我们也可以这样做。

[03:18] terms? In some cases, we may want to do that and we may be able to do that if there's a contract involved.
条款?在某些情况下,我们可能希望这样做,并且如果涉及合同,我们也可以这样做。

[03:20] that and we may be able to do that if there's a contract involved.
那样,并且如果涉及合同,我们也可以这样做。

[03:20] Let's leave that as a maybe for now.
暂时将此视为一个可能的选项。

[03:22] there's a contract involved. Let's leave that as a maybe for now.
涉及合同。暂时将此视为一个可能的选项。

[03:24] that as a maybe for now. There might be a better option.
作为暂时的可能选项。可能有更好的选择。

[03:24] There might be a better option.
可能有更好的选择。

[03:24] Let the vendors resolve the issue on their own.
让供应商自行解决问题。

[03:26] a better option. Let the vendors resolve the issue on their own.
更好的选择。让供应商自行解决问题。

[03:28] the issue on their own. Typically in the PMP or even in the CAPM, we want to be proactive.
他们自己的问题。通常在PMP或CAPM中,我们希望主动出击。

[03:28] Typically in the PMP or even in the CAPM, we want to be proactive.
通常在PMP或CAPM中,我们希望主动出击。

[03:31] PMP or even in the CAPM, we want to be proactive.
PMP或CAPM,我们希望主动出击。

[03:31] In fact, we want to be direct and collaborative.
事实上,我们希望直接且协作。

[03:35] proactive. In fact, we want to be direct and collaborative.
主动。事实上,我们希望直接且协作。

[03:35] Those two things.
这两件事。

[03:38] and collaborative. Those two things.
且协作。这两件事。

[03:38] If you ever need guidance, just fall back on being direct and collaborative.
如果您需要指导,请始终保持直接和协作。

[03:41] you ever need guidance, just fall back on being direct and collaborative.
您 ever 需要指导,请始终保持直接和协作。

[03:41] And this answer is not it.
而这个答案不是。

[03:44] on being direct and collaborative. And this answer is not it.
保持直接和协作。而这个答案不是。

[03:44] So, let's put that as a no for now.
所以,暂时将其视为否。

[03:46] this answer is not it. So, let's put that as a no for now.
这个答案不是。所以,暂时将其视为否。

[03:46] Do we facilitate discussions to identify root causes and agree on a solution?
我们是否促进讨论以找出根本原因并达成解决方案?

[03:49] that as a no for now. Do we facilitate discussions to identify root causes and agree on a solution?
作为暂时的否。我们是否促进讨论以找出根本原因并达成解决方案?

[03:49] Definitely, we want to work with people directly.
当然,我们希望直接与人合作。

[03:51] discussions to identify root causes and agree on a solution?
讨论以找出根本原因并达成解决方案?

[03:51] Definitely, we want to work with people directly.
当然,我们希望直接与人合作。

[03:55] agree on a solution? Definitely, we want to work with people directly.
达成解决方案?当然,我们希望直接与人合作。

[03:55] Directly and being collaborative.
直接且协作。

[03:57] to work with people directly. Directly and being collaborative.
与人直接合作。直接且协作。

[03:57] Actually, that sounds pretty good.
实际上,这听起来不错。

[04:00] and being collaborative. Actually, that sounds pretty good.
且协作。实际上,这听起来不错。

[04:00] Let's see what the last one is.
让我们看看最后一个是什么。

[04:01] sounds pretty good. Let's see what the last one is.
听起来不错。让我们看看最后一个是什么。

[04:01] just in case.
以防万一。

[04:01] Assign your
分配你的

[04:03] Last one is, just in case. Assign your best team member to manage the conflict.
最后一个,以防万一。指派你最好的团队成员来管理冲突。

[04:06] Best team member to manage the conflict. Now, that is taking a little bit of action, but it's not really being direct.
最好的团队成员来管理冲突。现在,这采取了一点行动,但它并没有真正地直接。

[04:10] So, we're sort of getting someone else to do it. It's not necessarily their job.
所以,我们有点让别人去做。这不一定是他们的工作。

[04:13] I think for our purposes, let's go with answer C. Okay.
我认为就我们的目的而言,选择答案 C。好的。

[04:16] Wonderful. This collaborative approach not only resolves the conflict, but removes friction that could undermine quality and productivity, fostering a more cohesive and motivated project team.
太棒了。这种协作方法不仅解决了冲突,还消除了可能破坏质量和生产力的摩擦,从而培养了一个更具凝聚力和积极性的项目团队。

[04:30] This is in the standard for project management page 48 being an accountable leader and this is the principle in action.
这是项目管理标准第 48 页中关于负责任的领导者,这是正在发挥作用的原则。

[04:35] You'll see there are around six principles in the standard for project management and these six principles make up the new PMI mindset.
你会看到项目管理标准中有大约六个原则,这六个原则构成了新的 PMI 思维模式。

[04:46] So it's it's actually quite interesting to go through and it's a good guide for answering your PMP questions as well.
所以,实际上它相当有趣,而且它也是回答你 PMP 问题的一个好指南。

[04:50] So that was a good one to go through. starting to get a little bit more tricky, but we're still in the standard, so it's still at that basic level.
所以这是一个很好的例子。开始变得有点棘手,但我们仍在标准范围内,所以它仍然处于那个基本水平。

[04:59] You're in the planning phase for a refinery expansion project
你正处于炼油厂扩建项目的规划阶段

[05:03] phase for a refinery expansion project at Petracore Energy Limited.
炼油厂扩建项目在 Petracore Energy Limited 的阶段。

[05:06] An executive manager raises concerns about increasing staffing costs and several identified risks early in the project.
一位高管对项目早期增加人员成本和几个已识别的风险表示担忧。

[05:13] What will you tell them about the cost and risk on the project?
您将如何告诉他们关于项目的成本和风险?

[05:15] Okay, where are we going with this?
好的,我们接下来怎么做?

[05:18] Uh it's the cost and staffing are highest at the beginning while risk and uncertainty increase toward project completion.
呃,成本和人员配置在项目初期最高,而风险和不确定性则在项目完成时增加。

[05:29] I remember this. Okay. In the standard for project management, there's this graph and it has I can't remember which one it is, but there's cost and risk.
我记得这个。好的。在项目管理标准中,有一个图表,我不记得是哪个了,但它有成本和风险。

[05:38] Actually, I think it's the other way around.
实际上,我认为是相反的。

[05:39] So, I've done it already, [laughter] but okay, here we go.
所以,我已经做过了,[笑声] 但好的,我们开始吧。

[05:41] Risk is at the top. It starts high because uncertainty, we don't know what's going to happen.
风险在顶部。它一开始很高,因为不确定性,我们不知道会发生什么。

[05:47] The uncertainty is very high at the beginning and as we start delivering things we become more certain.
一开始不确定性很高,随着我们开始交付事物,我们变得更加确定。

[05:53] So risk goes down but cost usually starts off low.
所以风险下降,但成本通常从低开始。

[05:57] We're just planning. We don't need a lot of resources.
我们只是在计划。我们不需要很多资源。

[05:59] Then it goes up as we're executing and then it might taper
然后随着我们执行,它会上升,然后可能会逐渐减少

[06:04] We're executing and then it might taper off at the end as we release some of our resources.
我们正在执行,然后随着我们释放一些资源,它可能会在最后逐渐减少。

[06:09] But generally it increases over our project.
但总的来说,它在我们项目上是增加的。

[06:10] So let's see if anything matches that graph.
所以让我们看看是否有任何东西与该图表匹配。

[06:12] I love that graph.
我喜欢那个图表。

[06:15] Cost and staffing gradually decrease.
成本和人员配置逐渐减少。

[06:18] That's not it.
不是这个。

[06:18] Risk remains constant.
风险保持不变。

[06:21] That's a no as well.
这也是不对的。

[06:21] Cost and staffing increase as the work progresses and drop near completion.
随着工作的进行,成本和人员配置增加,并在接近完成时下降。

[06:25] Sounds promising.
听起来很有希望。

[06:27] While risk and uncertainty decrease over time.
而风险和不确定性会随着时间的推移而降低。

[06:30] That's probably going to be the one that we're looking for.
这可能就是我们要找的。

[06:31] Let's check the last one just in case.
我们再检查最后一个以防万一。

[06:33] Cost and staffing remain stable throughout the project while risk and uncertainty fluctuate unpredictably.
在整个项目期间,成本和人员配置保持稳定,而风险和不确定性则不可预测地波动。

[06:40] While that can happen, really this chart is what we're looking for.
虽然这可能发生,但实际上这个图表就是我们要找的。

[06:43] Let's go with answer C.
我们选择答案 C。

[06:44] And there it is.
答案就在那里。

[06:47] And I've drawn all over the answer, unfortunately.
不幸的是,我已经把答案涂满了。

[06:48] But in many predictive project scenarios, cost and staffing levels are low at the start, increase as the work is carried out, and then drop rapidly as the project or phase comes to an end.
但在许多预测性的项目场景中,成本和人员配置水平在开始时较低,随着工作的进行而增加,然后在项目或阶段结束时迅速下降。

[06:59] And this is of course from the standard for project management, page 59, impact of variables over time.
这当然是来自项目管理标准,第 59 页,变量随时间的影响。

[07:03] Let's
让我们

[07:07] 59, impact of variables over time.
59,变量随时间的影响。

[07:07] Let's check out question 14.
让我们来看看第14题。

[07:10] Dr. Mitchell is managing a drug development project at EB Incorporated.
米切尔博士正在EB公司管理一个药物开发项目。

[07:15] The project operates in a highly regulated environment with phasegate approvals.
该项目在一个受到严格监管的环境中运行,并有阶段性审批。

[07:18] Scope, schedule, cost, and risks are defined early and strict change control with extensive upfront planning is required.
范围、进度、成本和风险需要早期定义并进行严格的变更控制,同时需要进行大量的初步规划。

[07:28] Which development approach is being used?
正在使用哪种开发方法?

[07:31] Now, you probably know this one.
现在,你可能知道这个了。

[07:33] Again, these are the basics that we really need to know for our PMP.
再次强调,这些是我们PMP考试需要了解的基础知识。

[07:37] If it's planned up front and it's delivered in one go and we have change management plan and change control process, putting it in the change log and taking it to the change control board, all of those wonderful things.
如果它是在前期规划好并在一次性交付,并且我们有变更管理计划和变更控制流程,将其纳入变更日志并提交给变更控制委员会,所有这些美好的事情。

[07:47] That is our predictive approach.
这就是我们的预测性方法。

[07:53] So that's also called waterfall.
所以这也被称为瀑布模型。

[07:55] If you've got adaptive, that's where we're delivering in increments.
如果你有适应性方法,那就是我们分批次交付。

[07:56] That's also called agile.
这也称为敏捷。

[07:59] And we're also using uh the feedback to improve over time.
而且我们还利用反馈来随着时间的推移进行改进。

[08:05] We're iterating towards success.
我们正在迭代前进以取得成功。

[08:05] So that's adaptive.
所以这就是适应性方法。

[08:08] towards success. So that's adaptive.
走向成功。那就是适应性。

[08:09] Incremental is just delivering in the increments and not really taking on the feedback.
渐进式只是分批交付,而不真正采纳反馈。

[08:14] Hybrid is an approach that we might have that combines agile and predictive.
混合式是我们可能采用的一种方法,它结合了敏捷和预测式。

[08:20] So any of those things from those two approaches. Maybe we're using sprints or daily standups or KBAN boards, but we're still delivering it in one go.
所以,这些来自这两种方法中的任何一种。也许我们正在使用冲刺、每日站会或看板,但我们仍然一次性交付。

[08:29] Then it would be a hybrid project. So that leaves us with answer D.
那么它将是一个混合式项目。所以这就剩下 D 选项了。

[08:34] Excellent. A predictive approach might be optimal when the project scope can be stabilized early in the project and it can also be referred to as waterfall plandriven or a traditional approach.
很好。当项目范围可以在项目早期稳定下来时,预测式方法可能是最佳选择,它也可以被称为瀑布式、计划驱动或传统方法。

[08:45] The standard for project management page 61 predictive approaches.
项目管理标准第 61 页预测式方法。

[08:51] Excellent. And 61. So you're nearly at the end of the standard. Let's check question 15.
很好。61 页。您几乎完成了标准。让我们检查第 15 个问题。

[08:56] Jason is leading a mobile application project at Blue Peak Digital Solutions.
杰森正在 Blue Peak Digital Solutions 领导一个移动应用程序项目。

[09:01] The team works in short iterations delivering features regularly and refining their approach based on feedback.
团队以短迭代方式工作,定期交付功能,并根据反馈改进他们的方法。

[09:07] One person is responsible for the approved scope and
一个人负责已批准的范围和

[09:09] responsible for the approved scope and its value to the organization.
负责批准的范围及其对组织的价值。

[09:12] its value to the organization.
其对组织的价值。

[09:12] Which development approach is being used?
正在使用哪种开发方法?

[09:14] development approach is being used?
开发方法正在使用?

[09:14] Now let's check the keywords here.
现在让我们检查一下关键词。

[09:15] We've got short iterations, delivering features regularly, and looking at things based on feedback.
我们有短期迭代,定期交付功能,并根据反馈进行评估。

[09:18] short iterations, delivering features regularly, and looking at things based on feedback.
短期迭代,定期交付功能,并根据反馈进行评估。

[09:22] regularly, and looking at things based on feedback.
定期,并根据反馈进行评估。

[09:25] on feedback. So remember our approaches.
基于反馈。所以请记住我们的方法。

[09:27] We're delivering features. We're delivering increments. We're taking feedback at the same time.
我们正在交付功能。我们正在交付增量。我们同时也在收集反馈。

[09:29] delivering increments. We're taking feedback at the same time.
交付增量。我们同时也在收集反馈。

[09:32] feedback at the same time. That is our agile or adaptive approach.
同时收集反馈。这就是我们的敏捷或适应性方法。

[09:35] agile or adaptive approach. And there it is.
敏捷或适应性方法。就是这样。

[09:36] is. So it's probably going to be answer A.
是。所以这很可能是答案 A。

[09:36] Predictive, that's where we deliver in one go.
预测性,那是我们一次性交付。

[09:38] A. Predictive, that's where we deliver in one go.
A。预测性,那是我们一次性交付。

[09:41] in one go. So that's not it. Hybrid is a combination of adaptive and predictive.
一次性完成。所以不是这个。混合式是适应性和预测性的结合。

[09:43] combination of adaptive and predictive.
适应性和预测性的结合。

[09:43] Any combination could be any different things in those two approaches.
任何组合都可以是这两种方法中的任何不同事物。

[09:45] Any combination could be any different things in those two approaches.
任何组合都可以是这两种方法中的任何不同事物。

[09:48] things in those two approaches. And incremental is just delivering the increments themselves.
这两种方法中的事物。而增量式只是交付增量本身。

[09:50] incremental is just delivering the increments themselves.
增量式只是交付增量本身。

[09:53] increments themselves. The one person who's responsible for the approved scope, do you know who that is?
增量本身。负责批准范围的那个人,你知道是谁吗?

[09:55] who's responsible for the approved scope, do you know who that is?
谁负责批准的范围,你知道是谁吗?

[09:57] scope, do you know who that is? In an agile team, that is our product owner and they're going to set the priority by putting a list of features which we call the product backlog and they'll put the highest valued feature at the top and
范围,你知道是谁吗?在敏捷团队中,那就是我们的产品负责人,他们将通过列出我们称为产品待办事项列表的功能来设置优先级,并将价值最高的功能放在顶部,然后

[10:00] agile team, that is our product owner and they're going to set the priority by putting a list of features which we call the product backlog and they'll put the highest valued feature at the top and
敏捷团队,那就是我们的产品负责人,他们将通过列出我们称为产品待办事项列表的功能来设置优先级,并将价值最高的功能放在顶部,然后

[10:02] and they're going to set the priority by putting a list of features which we call the product backlog and they'll put the highest valued feature at the top and
他们将通过列出我们称为产品待办事项列表的功能来设置优先级,并将价值最高的功能放在顶部,然后

[10:05] putting a list of features which we call the product backlog and they'll put the highest valued feature at the top and
列出我们称为产品待办事项列表的功能,并将价值最高的功能放在顶部,然后

[10:07] the product backlog and they'll put the highest valued feature at the top and
产品待办事项列表,并将价值最高的功能放在顶部,然后

[10:10] highest valued feature at the top and that's the one that we're going to deliver next.
价值最高的特性放在最上面,而这正是我们要交付的下一个。

[10:11] So we're always delivering the next highest piece of value.
所以我们一直在交付下一个价值最高的部分。

[10:15] So that's a wonderful way to work.
所以,这是一种很棒的工作方式。

[10:17] That's our product owner.
这就是我们的产品负责人。

[10:17] That's agile and that's also going to be our answer.
这就是敏捷,而且这也将是我们的答案。

[10:20] Answer A. Excellent.
答案A。优秀。

[10:23] Adaptive approaches, also referred to as changedriven or agile approaches, are useful when a project's requirements and technical solution are highly uncertain, volatile, and likely to change.
适应性方法,也称为变更驱动或敏捷方法,在项目需求和技术解决方案高度不确定、易变且可能发生变化时非常有用。

[10:35] So, that's very good to know.
所以,这非常好。

[10:37] From the standard for project management, page 63, adaptive approaches.
来自项目管理标准,第63页,适应性方法。

[10:42] All right.
好的。

[10:44] And now we've nearly finished reading through the standard for project management.
现在我们几乎读完了项目管理标准。

[10:46] Even though we haven't really read the book, we've just been doing practice questions.
虽然我们没有真正读过这本书,但我们一直在做练习题。

[10:50] It's such a great way to learn.
这是个很好的学习方式。

[10:51] So, let's check out this next one.
所以,我们来看看下一个。

[10:53] And I think we're very close to the end of the standard.
我想我们离标准结束已经很近了。

[10:55] Ethan is working on a project at Westgate Group that will deliver a new enterprise platform.
伊桑正在Westgate集团的一个项目上工作,该项目将交付一个新的企业平台。

[10:59] The software component has constantly evolving requirements while the data center infrastructure is built using upfront planning and a formal change control approach.
软件组件的需求不断演变,而数据中心基础设施则采用前期规划和正式的变更控制方法来构建。

[11:08] Can you already
你已经可以

[11:10] Change control approach.
变更控制方法。

[11:10] Can you already tell where this is heading?
你能看出这要往哪里发展吗?

[11:12] We have been through this.
我们经历过这个。

[11:14] So, I think we know the answer already.
所以,我认为我们已经知道答案了。

[11:16] If you can tell before I can, then that's going to be really, really great.
如果你在我之前就能看出端倪,那将是件非常、非常棒的事。

[11:17] The two are brought together in a final sprint at the end.
两者在最后冲刺阶段结合在一起。

[11:19] Which development approach are we going to use?
我们将采用哪种开发方法?

[11:21] Is it predictive?
是预测性的吗?

[11:23] Well, part of it's predictive.
嗯,其中一部分是预测性的。

[11:26] So maybe is it incremental?
那么也许是增量的?

[11:29] Well, part of it is incremental or adaptive.
嗯,其中一部分是增量的或适应性的。

[11:31] We're still delivering uh small increments and the component is constantly evolving.
我们仍在交付小的增量,并且组件在不断发展。

[11:33] So the requirements are constantly evolving.
所以需求也在不断发展。

[11:37] That's high change.
这是高变更性。

[11:39] So we really want agile for that one.
所以我们真的希望采用敏捷方法来处理这种情况。

[11:41] But because we have a little bit of predictive and a little bit of adaptive, what we actually want is a hybrid approach.
但因为我们有一点预测性和一点适应性,我们实际想要的是一种混合方法。

[11:43] Let's go with answer B.
我们选择答案 B。

[11:45] Okay.
好的。

[11:47] And I think you probably got that one before I did.
我想你可能比我先想到这一点。

[11:50] A hybrid development approach combines adaptive and predictive approaches incorporating elements from both.
混合开发方法结合了适应性和预测性方法,融合了两者中的元素。

[11:52] Keep that in mind.
请记住这一点。

[11:55] The standard for project management, page 65, hybrid approaches.
项目管理标准,第 65 页,混合方法。

[11:57] It's almost too easy.
这几乎太简单了。

[11:59] Now, I think it's time for us
现在,我认为是时候我们

[12:12] Too easy.
太容易了。

[12:12] Now, I think it's time for us to get into the Pimuk guide.
现在,我认为是时候让我们进入Pimuk指南了。

[12:14] Starting to get into the Pimuk guide.
开始进入Pimuk指南。

[12:14] Starting from the start and working all the way to the end.
从头开始,一直工作到最后。

[12:17] From the start and working all the way to the end.
从头开始,一直工作到最后。

[12:17] Again, a great way to learn.
再说一遍,这是一个很好的学习方式。

[12:20] To the end.
到最后。

[12:20] Again, a great way to learn.
再说一遍,这是一个很好的学习方式。

[12:20] So, let's see what we have.
那么,让我们看看我们有什么。

[12:22] You've just taken over the project as project manager for the Orion CRM upgrade.
你刚刚接管了这个项目,担任Orion CRM升级项目的项目经理。

[12:23] Taken over the project as project manager for the Orion CRM upgrade project.
接管了这个项目,担任Orion CRM升级项目的项目经理。

[12:26] Manager for the Orion CRM upgrade project where many stakeholders are not available, others are disengaged, and the success criteria is unclear.
Orion CRM升级项目的经理,许多利益相关者不可用,其他人不参与,并且成功标准不明确。

[12:29] Project where many stakeholders are not available, others are disengaged, and the success criteria is unclear.
许多利益相关者不可用,其他人不参与,并且成功标准不明确的项目。

[12:32] Available, others are disengaged, and the success criteria is unclear.
可用,其他人不参与,并且成功标准不明确。

[12:32] This is an example of Wow.
这是一个“哇”的例子。

[12:36] The success criteria is unclear.
成功标准不明确。

[12:36] This is an example of Wow.
这是一个“哇”的例子。

[12:36] Okay.
好的。

[12:38] Project constraints.
项目约束。

[12:38] Uh constraints that's maybe constraints might be something that will constrain us from delivering in the future potentially.
呃,约束,也许约束可能是一些将来可能限制我们交付的东西。

[12:43] Constraints.
约束。

[12:43] Uh constraints that's maybe constraints might be something that will constrain us from delivering in the future potentially.
呃,约束,也许约束可能是一些将来可能限制我们交付的东西。

[12:44] Constraints might be something that will constrain us from delivering in the future potentially.
约束可能是一些将来可能限制我们交付的东西。

[12:47] Constrain us from delivering in the future potentially.
将来可能限制我们交付。

[12:47] Are they issues to be managed?
它们是需要管理的问题吗?

[12:49] Future potentially.
将来可能。

[12:49] Are they issues to be managed?
它们是需要管理的问题吗?

[12:49] Again, maybe because stakeholders are not available.
再说一遍,也许是因为利益相关者不可用。

[12:52] Be managed?
被管理?

[12:52] Again, maybe because stakeholders are not available.
再说一遍,也许是因为利益相关者不可用。

[12:52] We could raise these as issues very easily.
我们可以很容易地将这些提出为问题。

[12:54] Stakeholders are not available.
利益相关者不可用。

[12:54] We could raise these as issues very easily.
我们可以很容易地将这些提出为问题。

[12:54] But then we have these lagging indicators and leading indicators.
但然后我们有了这些滞后指标和先行指标。

[12:57] Raise these as issues very easily.
很容易地将这些提出为问题。

[12:57] But then we have these lagging indicators and leading indicators.
但然后我们有了这些滞后指标和先行指标。

[12:59] And leading indicators.
和先行指标。

[12:59] A lagging indicator is something that has already happened and given us a result.
滞后指标是已经发生并给我们带来结果的东西。

[13:02] A lagging indicator is something that has already happened and given us a result.
滞后指标是已经发生并给我们带来结果的东西。

[13:02] So, we've delivered something and it's increased our revenue by 10%.
所以,我们交付了某样东西,它使我们的收入增加了10%。

[13:04] Happened and given us a result.
发生并给我们带来结果。

[13:04] So, we've delivered something and it's increased our revenue by 10%.
所以,我们交付了某样东西,它使我们的收入增加了10%。

[13:06] We've delivered something and it's increased our revenue by 10%.
我们交付了某样东西,它使我们的收入增加了10%。

[13:06] For example, that's a lagging indicator.
例如,这是一个滞后指标。

[13:08] Increased our revenue by 10%.
使我们的收入增加了10%。

[13:08] For example, that's a lagging indicator.
例如,这是一个滞后指标。

[13:11] A lagging indicator.
一个滞后指标。

[13:13] example, that's a lagging indicator.
例如,这是一个滞后指标。

[13:15] A leading indicator is giving us an indication of something that will impact our project in the future.
先行指标向我们表明了将影响我们项目未来发展的事物。

[13:20] So, if our stakeholders are not available and they're disengaged and we don't have clear success criteria, then really that's also a leading indicator.
所以,如果我们的利益相关者不可用,并且他们不参与,而且我们没有明确的成功标准,那么这实际上也是一个先行指标。

[13:30] So, sort of a constraint, but not really.
所以,有点像一个限制,但又不是。

[13:32] It's a low maybe issues to be managed.
这是需要管理的低概率问题。

[13:35] Yes, we do have to manage them.
是的,我们确实必须管理它们。

[13:37] So, that's a high maybe, but also definitely leading indicators here.
所以,这是一个高概率的潜在问题,但也是明确的先行指标。

[13:40] So, I guess it's just what is the question trying to ask us?
所以,我想这只是问题想问我们什么?

[13:43] We've got two indicators.
我们有两个指标。

[13:46] So, let's go with answer C and hope that that's where we're heading.
所以,让我们选择答案C,并希望这就是我们前进的方向。

[13:50] Okay, so that was quite lucky.
好的,那真是很幸运。

[13:52] But leading indicators indicate upcoming changes or reveal trends in the project.
但先行指标表明了即将发生的变化或揭示了项目中的趋势。

[13:57] And that could involve a lack of a riskmanagement process, stakeholders who are not available, or poorly defined success metrics or criteria.
这可能包括缺乏风险管理流程、利益相关者不可用,或定义不清的成功指标或标准。

[14:06] These are all examples of leading indicators that project performance may be at risk in the future.
这些都是先行指标的例子,表明项目绩效未来可能面临风险。

[14:11] So very, very handy to know.
所以,了解这些非常非常有用。

[14:14] the future.
未来。

[14:14] So very, very handy to know.
所以非常、非常方便知道。

[14:16] And here we are in the Pumbok guide 8th edition, page 14, right at the beginning there under leading indicators.
我们现在在 Pumbok 指南第八版,第 14 页,就在“领先指标”下的开头部分。

[14:22] So well done.
做得很好。

[14:22] We've made it into the project management body of knowledge.
我们已经进入了项目管理知识体系。

[14:27] Question 18.
问题 18。

[14:29] You've been assigned to lead a new patient record system project at CHS.
你已被分配领导 CHS 的一个新患者记录系统项目。

[14:32] The business case has been approved and key stakeholders are identified.
业务案例已获批准,关键利益相关者也已确定。

[14:37] Senior leadership wants the project to start immediately and without delay.
高层领导希望项目立即启动,不得延误。

[14:41] What are we going to do next?
我们接下来要做什么?

[14:44] And really in the Pumbok guide, this is our process from start to finish as well.
在 Pumbok 指南中,这同样是我们从头到尾的流程。

[14:46] So, it's how we're going to manage a project.
所以,这是我们将如何管理一个项目。

[14:50] So we've got our stakeholders, we've got a business case, and business case goes into the project charter.
所以我们有了利益相关者,有了业务案例,业务案例会进入项目章程。

[14:58] And the project charter initiates a project.
项目章程启动一个项目。

[15:01] It gives us access to the resources and the funding that we need in order to begin planning and executing on our project.
它使我们能够获得资源和资金,以便开始规划和执行我们的项目。

[15:08] When we're in planning, we create our project management plan.
在规划阶段,我们创建项目管理计划。

[15:13] So business case, project charter, project
所以业务案例、项目章程、项目

[15:15] Case, project charter, project management plan, and then we make all the magic happen.
案例、项目章程、项目管理计划,然后我们创造所有奇迹。

[15:18] Let's see what we've got here.
让我们看看我们有什么。

[15:20] Develop the project management plan to define how the project will be executed.
制定项目管理计划,以定义项目将如何执行。

[15:22] We can't do that yet.
我们现在还不能这样做。

[15:25] We need to initiate even though they want to do it straight away.
我们需要启动,即使他们想立即去做。

[15:27] We still need to go through the proper process.
我们仍然需要走正规流程。

[15:30] So let's put a no for now.
所以我们暂时选择否。

[15:32] Perform a kickoff meeting with the team.
与团队举行启动会议。

[15:34] That's very very tempting.
这非常有诱惑力。

[15:36] But again, we still need to go through the right process here.
但同样,我们仍然需要走正确的流程。

[15:38] We're looking for the project charter to get access to the resources and funding.
我们正在寻找项目章程以获取资源和资金的访问权限。

[15:42] Let's put that as a note.
我们将其作为备注。

[15:45] Work with the project sponsor to approve the project charter.
与项目发起人合作批准项目章程。

[15:47] That's what we're looking for.
这就是我们正在寻找的。

[15:48] And lastly, perform a make or buy analysis to determine the resources to be used.
最后,执行一个自制或外购分析,以确定要使用的资源。

[15:55] That's a bit of a red herring answer.
这是一个有点误导性的答案。

[15:57] So, what we're looking for is answer C.
所以,我们正在寻找的是答案 C。

[15:59] And there it is.
答案就在那里。

[16:02] The initiate project or phase process officially authorizes the start of a project and grants the project manager the authority to allocate organizational resources to project activities.
启动项目或阶段过程正式授权项目启动,并授予项目经理分配组织资源用于项目活动的权力。

[16:11] Under the Pumbok guide 8th edition page 17 initiate.
根据 Pumbok 指南第 8 版第 17 页启动。

[16:17] guide 8th edition page 17 initiate project or phase that's also the first.
指南第8版第17页启动项目或阶段,这也是第一个。

[16:20] project or phase that's also the first process that we go through in the 40.
项目或阶段,这也是我们在40个过程中经历的第一个。

[16:24] process that we go through in the 40 processes of the Pumbok guide as we.
我们在Pumbok指南的40个过程中经历的过程,当我们。

[16:27] processes of the Pumbok guide as we initiate and plan and execute and.
Pumbok指南的过程,当我们启动、计划、执行和。

[16:30] initiate and plan and execute and monitor and finally close our project.
启动、计划、执行、监控并最终关闭我们的项目。

[16:33] monitor and finally close our project.
监控并最终关闭我们的项目。

[16:35] All right, question nine.
好的,第九个问题。

[16:37] Nearly up to the end of this little section, so you're doing a great job.
快到这个小节的结尾了,你做得很好。

[16:39] You've been hired to manage a retail expansion initiative.
你被聘来管理一项零售扩张计划。

[16:41] As planning begins, the cost of some materials rises significantly.
随着计划的开始,一些材料的成本显著上升。

[16:43] initiative.
计划。

[16:46] As planning begins, the cost of some materials rises significantly.
随着计划的开始,一些材料的成本显著上升。

[16:48] Senior stakeholders raise concerns about the cost versus the delivered value of.
高级利益相关者对成本与项目交付价值提出担忧,以及它是否值得。

[16:51] the cost versus the delivered value of the project and whether it's going to be.
成本与项目交付价值,以及它是否值得。

[16:53] the project and whether it's going to be worthwhile.
项目,以及它是否值得。

[16:55] worthwhile.
值得。

[16:58] What are we going to do next?
我们接下来要做什么?

[17:00] And one thing we need to know is when we're uh at the beginning of our.
有一件事我们需要知道,那就是当我们处于我们开始的时候。

[17:02] initiative, we've got our business case, project charter, and project management.
计划,我们有了业务案例、项目章程和项目管理。

[17:04] project charter, and project management plan.
项目章程和项目管理计划。

[17:06] But what do these all do?
但这些都做什么用?

[17:10] So the business case is a cost to benefit.
所以业务案例是成本效益。

[17:12] It's a feasibility analysis.
这是一个可行性分析。

[17:14] We check the cost to benefit and see if it's worthwhile doing.
我们检查成本效益,看看是否值得做。

[17:16] So whether it's going to be worthwhile, that actually sounds.
所以它是否值得,这听起来确实。

[17:19] to be worthwhile, that actually sounds exactly what we're after.
有价值,这听起来确实是我们想要的。

[17:21] Do we review the project management plan?
我们是否审查项目管理计划?

[17:23] Even though it's tempting, it's not going to give us what we want.
虽然有诱惑力,但它不会给我们带来我们想要的东西。

[17:27] The financial management plan.
财务管理计划。

[17:30] Now, anytime you hear a management plan in the project management body of knowledge or in the PMP, it's a process.
现在,你在项目管理知识体系或PMP中听到任何管理计划,它就是一个过程。

[17:36] So, this is our process for managing the finances on our project.
所以,这是我们管理项目财务的过程。

[17:40] This is the process for managing the project overall.
这是管理整个项目的过程。

[17:45] And it has all of our other project management plans in it like quality management plan, risk management plan, scope management plan, schedule management plan, all of those things combined.
它包含了我们所有的其他项目管理计划,如质量管理计划、风险管理计划、范围管理计划、进度管理计划,所有这些东西的组合。

[17:55] So, anytime you hear that, it's a process.
所以,任何时候你听到这个,它就是一个过程。

[17:57] Now, do we need the project charter?
现在,我们需要项目章程吗?

[17:59] That gives us the authority to start the project, but to find if it's worthwhile.
它赋予我们启动项目的权力,但要找到它是否有价值。

[18:03] We want the business case.
我们想要商业论证。

[18:06] And that's answer D.
这就是答案D。

[18:08] And there it is.
它就在那里。

[18:11] Business case is a documented economic feasibility study.
商业论证是一份有记录的经济可行性研究。

[18:13] And if you didn't know that one, now you do.
如果你之前不知道,现在你知道了。

[18:17] But again, this is all the stuff that we're learning on our journey for our PMP, the basics in the PMO guide,
但再说一遍,这是我们在PMP学习旅程中学习的所有东西,是PMO指南中的基础知识,

[18:20] Our PMP, the basics in the PMO guide, 8th edition.
我们的PMP,PMO指南基础版,第8版。

[18:22] And this is in page 17, initiate project or phase.
这在第17页,启动项目或阶段。

[18:25] And also the initiate project or phase.
还有启动项目或阶段。

[18:25] And also the definition under page 116 under the business case itself.
还有第116页的定义,在商业案例本身下。

[18:31] Really, really great stuff.
非常非常棒的内容。

[18:33] Okay, last question in this section.
好的,本部分的最后一个问题。

[18:33] So, wonderful job.
干得好。

[18:33] Question 20.
问题20。

[18:36] Elijah is initiating a data center expansion project at QGS.
以利亚正在QGS启动一个数据中心扩建项目。

[18:42] Early planning relies on uncertain factors such as utility availability and the accuracy of vendor timelines.
早期规划依赖于不确定因素,如公用设施的可用性和供应商时间表的准确性。

[18:47] As Elijah documents these initial estimates for cost and duration, what will he not do?
当以利亚记录这些成本和持续时间的初步估计时,他不会做什么?

[18:57] Okay, so we've got some uncertain factors.
好的,所以我们有一些不确定因素。

[18:59] What is uncertainty?
不确定性是什么?

[18:59] That is risk.
那就是风险。

[19:04] And we might have volatility or uh complexity, but all of that can fall under risk.
我们可能会有波动性或复杂性,但所有这些都可以归为风险。

[19:09] And we're going to document these things and their estimates.
我们将记录这些事情和它们的估计。

[19:12] So what are we not doing here?
那么我们在这里没有做什么?

[19:16] Some of these might need assumptions in order to make a proper decision.
其中一些可能需要假设才能做出正确的决定。

[19:18] But do we note them in the
但我们是否在...

[19:21] decision. But do we note them in the assumption log?
决定。但我们是否应该在假设日志中记录它们?

[19:23] These uh these uncertainties, it might not be the best answer.
这些嗯,这些不确定性,可能不是最好的答案。

[19:27] So let's see what else we have. Do we add the factors to the issue log?
所以让我们看看我们还有什么。我们将这些因素添加到问题日志中吗?

[19:30] Well, these uncertain factors uh such as the availability and accuracy of vendor timelines, it's definitely possible.
嗯,这些不确定的因素,比如供应商时间表的可用性和准确性,这绝对是可能的。

[19:37] So they are issues that we need to manage.
所以它们是我们必须管理的问题。

[19:39] Do we add them to the risk register?
我们将它们添加到风险登记册中吗?

[19:42] Definitely. So we definitely want to do that one.
当然。所以我们绝对要这样做。

[19:44] But these ones are a bit difficult.
但这些有点难。

[19:46] Do we add the factors to the basis of estimates?
我们将这些因素添加到估算依据中吗?

[19:48] Well, we definitely want to do that because these are things that are affecting our estimates.
嗯,我们绝对要这样做,因为这些事情会影响我们的估算。

[19:52] So that's a definite yes.
所以这是肯定的。

[19:55] Now, what are we not going to do? Make it an assumption or make it an issue?
现在,我们不打算做什么?将其视为假设还是问题?

[19:59] And I think for our purposes, they're more assumptions than they are issues because we're assuming the accuracy of the vendor timelines.
我认为就我们的目的而言,它们更多是假设而不是问题,因为我们假设了供应商时间表的准确性。

[20:09] And it's not really an issue yet because it hasn't happened yet.
而且它还没有真正成为一个问题,因为它还没有发生。

[20:11] Issues have happened and risks could happen in the future.
问题已经发生,风险可能会在未来发生。

[20:16] So, we're not going to add to the issue log.
所以,我们不会将其添加到问题日志中。

[20:19] I hope that's right.
我希望这是对的。

[20:21] Okay, thank goodness. An assumption log
好的,谢天谢地。一个假设日志

[20:23] Okay, thank goodness. An assumption log records all project assumptions and

[20:25] records all project assumptions and constraints throughout the life project

[20:27] constraints throughout the life project life cycle, including updates and status

[20:30] life cycle, including updates and status changes. And the risk register records

[20:32] changes. And the risk register records uncertainties. Issue log records impacts

[20:35] uncertainties. Issue log records impacts to the project that have occurred.

[20:38] to the project that have occurred. Pumbach guide 8th edition page 17

[20:41] Pumbach guide 8th edition page 17 initiate the project or phase and page

[20:44] initiate the project or phase and page 114 under the assumption log. Now

[20:47] 114 under the assumption log. Now already we're getting through the

[20:49] already we're getting through the project management body of knowledge.

[20:50] project management body of knowledge. We're still starting our project so it's

[20:53] We're still starting our project so it's still a little bit of the basics but

[20:54] still a little bit of the basics but [music] really it's a great way to learn

[20:56] [music] really it's a great way to learn the process and also it's a great way to

[20:59] the process and also it's a great way to learn the PMP question structure. So

[21:01] learn the PMP question structure. So you're doing such a great job. [music]

[21:03] you're doing such a great job. [music] Keep learning and keep improving and

[21:05] Keep learning and keep improving and keep going through the Pumbok guide in

[21:07] keep going through the Pumbok guide in this great format as we attach them to

[21:09] this great format as we attach them to project management questions. I'll see

[21:10] project management questions. I'll see you in the next video.

Cite this page

If you're using ChatGPT, Claude, Gemini, or another AI assistant, paste this URL into the chat:

https://youtube-transcript.ai/docs/pmbok-8th-edition-questions-answers-11-to-20-pass-your-pmp-a-hjw3exyhr7

The full transcript and summary on this page will be retrieved as context, so the assistant can answer questions about the video accurately.