# Learn English Naturally at the Grocery Store (Real-Life English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLdgEYAxJ8A
Translation: zh-CN

[00:00] Welcome guys.
  大家好。

[00:02] Today we are learning beginner English at the grocery store.
  今天我们要学习在杂货店使用的初级英语。

[00:05] We're in Hinton today, home of the first free and bros in Canada and it's one of the largest independently owned grocery store chains in Canada and we're going to do our grocery shopping here for the week.
  我们今天在欣顿，这里是加拿大第一家 Free and Bros 的所在地，它是加拿大最大的独立杂货连锁店之一，我们打算在这里购买这一周的杂货。

[00:14] So start the word count and let's go.
  那么开始计数，我们出发吧。

[00:19] Right now we're in the vegetable and fresh produce area.
  现在我们正处于蔬菜和新鲜农产品区。

[00:21] So this is all fresh produce.
  这些都是新鲜农产品。

[00:25] These are watermelons.
  这些是西瓜。

[00:27] Should we take some just to have on the road?
  我们要不要带一些在路上吃？

[00:28] Do you want You don't want to get a whole watermelon?
  你想要吗？你不想买一整个西瓜吗？

[00:32] No, because it's easy just to eat a piece.
  不，因为只吃一块比较方便。

[00:34] We're just going to buy already pre-cut watermelons.
  我们打算直接买切好的西瓜。

[00:36] And this is my shopping cart.
  这是我的购物车。

[00:39] And I'm going to place this into my shopping cart.
  我要把它放进我的购物车里。

[00:43] I just put down the watermelons in my shopping cart.
  我刚把西瓜放进我的购物车里。

[00:45] And they have like a a mini restaurant in here.
  这里面还有一个迷你餐厅。

[00:49] So, you could order fresh food here.
  所以，你可以在这里点新鲜食物。

[00:50] And here is a salad bar.
  这里有一个沙拉吧。

[00:55] So, they sell local food as well.
  他们也卖当地的食物。

[00:58] You can see that this is this cheese.
  你可以看到这是这种奶酪。

[01:01] Yeah, it's from the local area.
  是的，它是来自当地的。

[01:03] So, this right here is the cheese area.
  所以，这里是奶酪区。

[01:06] So, we just picked up a piece of cheese that we're going to buy.
  我们刚刚拿了一块打算买的奶酪。

[01:08] But you can see here, these are all cheeses.
  但你可以看到，这些全都是奶酪。

[01:10] The different types of cheeses.
  各种不同类型的奶酪。

[01:12] This is a very popular brand called the Laughing Cow.
  这是一个非常受欢迎的品牌，叫乐芝牛。

[01:17] Me personally, I'm not a huge fan of cheese, but most people in the world love cheese.
  我个人不太喜欢奶酪，但世界上大多数人都喜欢奶酪。

[01:22] I don't.
  我不喜欢。

[01:24] So, this is the sliced meat area.
  所以，这是切片肉类区。

[01:26] So all that meat you see behind the glass there, you can ask them to slice the meat and they'll slice it into thin strips for you or however thick you want it.
  所以你看到玻璃后面所有的那些肉，你可以要求他们切肉，他们会为你切成薄片，或者按照你想要的厚度来切。

[01:32] So this is the meat section.
  所以这是肉类区。

[01:34] Are we going to get any sliced meat or meat here?
  我们要在这里买些切片肉或肉类吗？

[01:37] What are we going to eat for um our late lunch?
  我们午餐要吃什么呢？

[01:40] We can look for a roasted chicken over there.
  我们可以去那边找找烤鸡。

[01:43] Yeah.
  好的。

[01:44] Should we do that or what do you guys want?
  我们要那样做吗，或者你们想要什么？

[01:46] I'm buying some cheese to snack on.
  我打算买些奶酪当零食吃。

[01:48] Get a roasted chicken, but also this pre-cooked meals.
  买只烤鸡，还有这些预制餐。

[01:51] Mhm.
  嗯。

[01:51] Kind of looks good.
  看起来还不错。

[01:53] They got ginger beef and sweet and sour pork.
  他们有姜汁牛肉和糖醋里脊。

[01:55] And there's some honey garlic wings.
  还有蜂蜜蒜香鸡翅。

[01:57] Have a look what you guys want there.
  看看你们想要什么。

[02:00] So, these meals are all precooked meals.
  所以，这些餐点都是预制餐。

[02:02] You just have to warm them up and then you can eat them.
  你只需要把它们加热一下，然后就可以吃了。

[02:04] There's lasagna here.
  这里有千层面。

[02:07] There's a sweet and sour pork, salbury steak, ginger beef, honey garlic wings.
  有糖醋里脊、索尔兹伯里牛排、姜汁牛肉和蜂蜜蒜香鸡翅。

[02:12] Okay, so we just picked up some honey garlic wings.
  好了，我们刚才拿了一些蜂蜜蒜香鸡翅。

[02:13] And I've put it down into my shopping cart.
  我已经把它放进我的购物车里了。

[02:15] Now, this is the bakery.
  现在，这是烘焙区。

[02:18] You see behind there, they have ovens baking bread.
  你看后面，他们有烤箱在烤面包。

[02:20] And all those workers, all those employees behind there bake bread.
  所有那些工人，所有在后面的员工都在烤面包。

[02:24] And uh this is just the bakery section.
  呃，这只是烘焙区。

[02:26] You get fresh bread here that they make fresh every single day.
  你可以在这里买到他们每天新鲜制作的面包。

[02:29] This type of bread is called buns.
  这种面包叫做小圆面包。

[02:32] These are buns.
  这些是小圆面包。

[02:32] So this is the packaged meat section.
  这是包装肉类区。

[02:35] All these meats are packaged.
  所有这些肉都是包装好的。

[02:37] See this?
  看到这个了吗？

[02:37] This is a package.
  这是一个包装。

[02:40] And these meats are packaged.
  这些肉都是包装好的。

[02:41] And they're vacuum sealed.
  它们是真空密封的。

[02:44] These are all vacuum sealed packaged meats.
  这些都是真空密封包装的肉类。

[02:45] And this this is not vacuum sealed cuz there's still air inside.
  而这个没有真空密封，因为里面还有空气。

[02:50] This is vacuum sealed because there's no air.
  这个是真空密封的，因为里面没有空气。

[02:54] This is beef oxtail.
  这是牛尾。

[02:54] Three pieces.
  三块。

[02:54] This is a portion just for you.
  这是一份刚好够你吃的量。

[02:58] Oh, I need more than that.
  哦，我需要的比这多。

[02:58] $15.
  15美元。

[03:00] Yeah.
  是的。

[03:00] No, I wouldn't buy it here.
  不，我不会在这里买。

[03:02] I get it.
  我明白了。

[03:02] Oxtail.
  牛尾。

[03:02] I get a tail for 12.
  我花12块钱买了一个尾部。

[03:04] Yeah.
  是的。

[03:04] And here you have you have the poultry sections.
  这里是禽肉区。

[03:06] Speaking is just as important as listening when you want to become fluent in English.
  当你想要流利地说英语时，口语和听力一样重要。

[03:11] But how can you practice your speaking when you have no one to speak with?
  但是当你没有人可以交流时，该如何练习口语呢？

[03:16] If you guys want to practice your speaking and you don't have anyone to speak with, check out my Patreon in the description.
  如果你们想练习口语却找不到人交流，请查看描述栏中的Patreon链接。

[03:21] There you get three to five new videos every single week specifically made to practice your speaking in English where you can practice your accent, your pronunciation, and your confidence in English.
  在那里，你每周都能获得三到五个专门用于练习英语口语的新视频，你可以借此练习口音、发音以及英语自信心。

[03:34] Check out my Patreon in the description to get started.
  查看描述栏中的Patreon链接即可开始。

[03:36] You have a whole chicken here.
  这里有一整只鸡。

[03:39] You have chicken breast here.
  这里有鸡胸肉。

[03:41] Just chicken breast.
  就是鸡胸肉。

[03:42] You have chicken thighs here, chicken thigh.
  这里有鸡大腿，鸡大腿。

[03:44] These are called chicken drumsticks.
  这些被称为鸡小腿。

[03:46] chicken wings and then the chicken legs, pork, and then over here you have beef.
  鸡翅，然后是鸡腿、猪肉，这边是牛肉。

[03:51] Beef is a lot more red in color than pork.
  牛肉的颜色比猪肉红得多。

[03:57] So you see this right up there?
  你看到上面那个了吗？

[03:59] It's called an aisle.
  它被称为过道。

[03:59] So this is aisle number two.
  所以这是二号过道。

[04:01] This is called an aisle.
  这被称为过道。

[04:01] And
  还有

[04:04] There's another aisle beside it and another aisle.
  它旁边还有另一个过道，以及再一个过道。

[04:07] You see that's aisle three, four, five.
  你看，那是三号、四号、五号过道。

[04:09] And this section there's a lot of canned goods.
  而这一区域有很多罐头食品。

[04:11] There's canned tomatoes, canned beans down there.
  那边有罐装番茄和罐装豆子。

[04:13] And there's more canned foods here.
  这里还有更多的罐头食品。

[04:15] Canned beans, canned ravioli, canned chili.
  罐装豆子、罐装意大利饺子、罐装辣椒酱。

[04:17] These foods are canned.
  这些食物都是罐装的。

[04:21] So this is all made in Calgary, Alberta.
  所以这些都是在艾伯塔省卡尔加里制造的。

[04:24] So not imported local provincial produce.
  所以不是进口的，而是当地省份的农产品。

[04:27] And these are dill pickled eggs.
  这些是莳萝腌蛋。

[04:30] Nice.
  不错。

[04:30] Although I don't like dill pickled eggs.
  虽然我不喜欢莳萝腌蛋。

[04:32] I respect proudly Alberta made.
  但我尊重引以为傲的艾伯塔制造。

[04:34] Oh, this is from Alberta, too.
  哦，这个也是来自艾伯塔省的。

[04:36] This right here, this is the cheese area.
  就在这里，这是奶酪区。

[04:37] There's also more cheese here.
  这里还有更多的奶酪。

[04:39] And a lot of these are dips.
  而且其中很多是蘸酱。

[04:40] Dips are just, you dip, you could really dip anything, but most common is dipping with chips.
  蘸酱就是用来蘸的，你其实可以蘸任何东西，但最常见的是配薯片蘸着吃。

[04:45] So you have a chip and you dip it and it just adds flavor.
  所以你拿一片薯片蘸一下，它就能增加风味。

[04:49] Did you see a spinach dip anywhere?
  你有看到哪里有菠菜蘸酱吗？

[04:52] So that right there is the fruit juice section.
  那边就是果汁区。

[04:54] There's different types of fruit juices.
  那里有不同种类的果汁。

[04:55] What's your favorite type of fruit juice?
  你最喜欢哪种果汁？

[04:59] Yeah, this is the yogurt section.
  是的，这是酸奶区。

[05:01] All of these are different flavors of yogurt.
  这些全都是不同口味的酸奶。

[05:02] Strawberry yogurt, vanilla yogurt, mixed berry yogurt.
  草莓酸奶、香草酸奶、混合浆果酸奶。

[05:04] So
  所以

[05:07] This is the frozen section, the frozen foods.
  这是冷冻区，冷冻食品。

[05:11] There's ice cream and other frozen foods down there.
  那边有冰淇淋和其他冷冻食品。

[05:13] Something that caught my eye.
  有些东西吸引了我的目光。

[05:16] That just means something that caught my attention.
  那只是意味着引起了我注意的东西。

[05:18] Is this Malona?
  这是 Malona 吗？

[05:21] If you're Korean, then you know you know what this is.
  如果你是韩国人，那你肯定知道这是什么。

[05:24] Malona.
  Malona。

[05:25] This is my favorite ice cream.
  这是我最喜欢的冰淇淋。

[05:28] Surprised it doesn't say like latte there or something.
  很惊讶上面没有写拿铁之类的字样。

[05:29] But Malona, actually I do think it says somewhere on it.
  但是 Malona，其实我觉得上面某处应该写着。

[05:34] Oh, this one says latte on it.
  哦，这个上面写着拿铁。

[05:37] That one.
  那个。

[05:38] Oh, yeah.
  哦，是的。

[05:38] Yukimi.
  雪见大福。

[05:39] And these are just frozen foods.
  这些只是冷冻食品。

[05:42] So, you can buy one of these and just warm it up in a microwave and then eat it.
  所以，你可以买一个，用微波炉加热一下就可以吃了。

[05:46] These are all frozen foods.
  这些都是冷冻食品。

[05:49] And I remember when I was a kid, I used to eat Pop-Tarts all the time for lunch.
  我记得小时候，我午餐总是吃 Pop-Tarts。

[05:54] All the time.
  一直都是。

[05:57] These loaves of bread are a lot more processed than the ones we saw over there cuz these last longer.
  这些面包比我们刚才在那边看到的加工程度要高得多，因为这些保质期更长。

[06:02] These are not freshly made every day.
  这些不是每天新鲜制作的。

[06:04] These are these are not as fresh.
  这些没那么新鲜。

[06:05] They're more processed.
  它们的加工程度更高。

[06:06] You want a peanut butter?
  你想要花生酱口味的吗？

[06:07] Yeah.
  是的。

[06:07] It's crunchy.
  它是脆的。

[06:08] Crunchy peanut butter.
  颗粒花生酱。

[06:08] I'm going to place that down in the cart.
  我要把它放进购物车里。

[06:13] And if I didn't want this, if I took it and I didn't want it, I could put it back.
  如果我不想要这个，如果我拿了它却不想要，我可以把它放回去。

[06:17] So, I'm going to put back the peanut butter because I don't want it.
  所以，我要把花生酱放回去，因为我不想要它。

[06:20] And I'm going to take this one instead.
  我要改拿这一款。

[06:24] Instead.
  取而代之。

[06:24] So, I don't want that one, but I want this one instead.
  所以，我不想要那一款，但我想要这一款。

[06:29] Now, there's a lot more made in Canada signs to promote Canadian products.
  现在，有更多“加拿大制造”的标志来推广加拿大产品。

[06:31] Made in Canada became very popular because people started just buying Canadian products.
  “加拿大制造”变得非常受欢迎，因为人们开始只购买加拿大产品。

[06:37] We'll buy some honey.
  我们要买些蜂蜜。

[06:37] All this section right here is cereal.
  这一整块区域都是麦片。

[06:40] These are all cereals.
  这些全都是麦片。

[06:43] My favorite cereal right here.
  我最喜欢的麦片就在这儿。

[06:46] This is my favorite cereal.
  这是我最喜欢的麦片。

[06:49] Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
  肉桂吐司脆麦片。

[06:51] And I'm going to say fire.
  我要说它太棒了。

[06:53] Very high in sugar.
  含糖量很高。

[06:55] This whole section is just pet foods.
  这一整块区域都是宠物食品。

[06:56] This is the dry food, I think.
  我想这是干粮。

[06:59] And this is wet.
  而这是湿粮。

[06:59] This is wet food.
  这是湿粮。

[07:02] And this is dry food.
  而这是干粮。

[07:03] Did you want to take some whiskers there for our cat?
  你想给我们的猫拿点Whiskas猫粮吗？

[07:07] This one?
  这一款吗？

[07:07] Yep.
  是的。

[07:07] As a treat as
  作为零食。

[07:08] We're going home.
  我们要回家了。

[07:10] Now, this one is for our cat.
  现在，这个是给我们猫的。

[07:12] Yes.
  是的。

[07:12] Whiskers.
  胡须。

[07:12] On the other side, these are all detergents for your laundry.
  在另一边，这些都是洗衣用的洗涤剂。

[07:17] So, these ones are just pods, so it's not a liquid.
  所以，这些只是洗衣凝珠，不是液体的。

[07:19] And these in the bottom here are in liquid form.
  而下面这些是液体形式的。

[07:21] These up top here are in pod form.
  上面这些是凝珠形式的。

[07:25] So, you just throw a pod into your washing machine.
  所以，你只需要往洗衣机里扔一颗凝珠就行了。

[07:27] Cleaning supplies, household necessities like dish soap, dishwasher pods, stuff to clean your stainless steel, to clean your vehicle, to clean your bathroom.
  清洁用品，家庭必需品，比如洗洁精、洗碗机专用洗涤块，还有清洁不锈钢、清洁车辆、清洁浴室的东西。

[07:43] So you can see these bananas right here are very green.
  你可以看到这里的这些香蕉还是绿色的。

[07:45] These ones are very yellow.
  这些非常黄。

[07:46] So you can say these bananas are not ripe.
  所以你可以说这些香蕉还没熟。

[07:49] But these bananas are ripe.
  但这些香蕉熟了。

[07:52] See how yellow they are?
  看它们多黄？

[07:54] That means ready to eat.
  这意味着可以吃了。

[07:56] These ones are not ripe, so they're not ready to eat.
  这些还没熟，所以还没到能吃的程度。

[07:58] All right.
  好的。

[07:58] Can I get two pulled pork ones?
  我可以要两个手撕猪肉口味的吗？

[08:02] Yes, please.
  好的，麻烦了。

[08:04] Just a sandwich to go.
  只要一个外带三明治。

[08:04] I got two sandwiches.
  我拿了两个三明治。

[08:06] So, we each got a pulled pork sandwich.
  所以，我们每人拿了一个手撕猪肉三明治。

[08:08] I was wondering why she
  我还在想为什么她

[08:10] Brought out a big box and then she brought out that bun.
  拿出了一个大盒子，然后她拿出了那个小圆面包。

[08:13] I was like, "Looks good with the full pork."
  我说：“看起来加满猪肉很不错。”

[08:15] I could have shared one.
  我本可以分一个的。

[08:17] You better eat it all.
  你最好把它全吃了。

[08:17] I don't realize that.
  我没意识到这一点。

[08:19] So, now we're going to check out.
  所以，现在我们要去结账了。

[08:21] This is the checkout counter.
  这是结账柜台。

[08:22] And we're going to check out.
  我们要去结账。

[08:24] The cashier, the person working here is going to check us out.
  收银员，在这里工作的人会为我们结账。

[08:28] And now we're going to unpack our shopping cart and put it on the conveyor belt.
  现在我们要把购物车里的东西拿出来，放到传送带上。

[08:35] This is the conveyor belt.
  这是传送带。

[08:37] And it spins around.
  它会旋转。

[08:38] This one's kind of unique.
  这个有点特别。

[08:38] They usually look like this.
  它们通常看起来是这样的。

[08:43] Uh, no, we'll just carry them like that.
  呃，不用，我们就那样提着它们。

[08:46] Okay, so we just finished our shopping here at Fson's.
  好了，我们刚在 Fson's 完成了购物。

[08:49] How much did we spend?
  我们花了多少钱？

[08:52] $120.
  120美元。

[08:53] $120.
  120美元。

[08:53] And we got all this shopping.
  我们买了这么多东西。

[08:57] And uh now we're walking back to our camper van.
  现在我们要走回我们的露营车了。

[08:59] Okay.
  好的。

[09:01] So, we got all our shopping.
  所以，我们买好了所有的东西。

[09:01] Now, what's that piece of paper they gave you at the very end?
  现在，最后他们给你的那张纸是什么？

[09:04] It's a grocery receipt and it tells us what we purchased and how much we paid.
  这是一张购物收据，上面写着我们买了什么以及付了多少钱。

[09:11] Okay.
  好的。

[09:11] So, this is a grocery receipt or you can just call it a receipt and it just tells you everything you purchased and then the total amount at the end.
  所以，这是一张杂货收据，或者你也可以直接叫它收据，它会列出你购买的所有东西，最后显示总金额。

[09:19] And our total was $120.50, which is normal in Canada.
  我们的总额是120.50美元，这在加拿大很正常。

[09:22] Okay guys, now we're just stopped at the side of the highway to have some lunch.
  好了各位，现在我们停在高速公路边吃午饭。

[09:29] This is my lunch.
  这是我的午餐。

[09:29] So we stopped to get a pulled beef sandwich.
  我们停下来买了一个手撕牛肉三明治。

[09:32] This is the sandwich.
  这就是那个三明治。

[09:34] So this is a sandwich basin.
  这是一个三明治盆。

[09:40] So that is a good sandwich.
  所以这是一个很棒的三明治。

[09:43] And if something tastes good, a very popular slang word in English to say is uh busing.
  如果某样东西很好吃，英语里有一个非常流行的俚语叫“busing”。

[09:48] It's busing.
  就是busing。

[09:48] And this is busting.
  这就是busting。

[09:52] So remember guys, if you want to get the 3,000 most common English words, it's in the description.
  所以记住各位，如果你想获取3000个最常用的英语单词，它们在描述栏里。

[09:56] This was my favorite comment from last video.
  这是我上一期视频中最喜欢的评论。

[09:58] And these were the top three countries you were from last video.
  这些是上一期视频中你们来自的前三个国家。

[10:02] Leave a comment again where you're from, what you learned, and what you want to see next video.
  再次留言告诉我你来自哪里，你学到了什么，以及下一期视频你想看什么。

[10:07] Thank you guys.
  谢谢大家。

[10:07] Grocery store chains in Canada.
  加拿大的连锁杂货店。

[10:09] Fresh produce area.
  新鲜农产品区。

[10:12] Piece of cheese that we're going to buy.
  我们要买的奶酪。

[10:13] Sliced meat area, so or packaged, vacuum sealed.
  切片肉类区，或者是包装好的、真空密封的。

[10:17] You have a whole chicken here.
  这里有一整只鸡。

[10:19] There's canned tomatoes.
  那里有罐装番茄。

[10:21] Local fruit juice section.
  本地果汁区。

[10:22] There's Yeah, this is the yogurt section.
  有，是的，这是酸奶区。

[10:24] So, so this is the frozen section, the frozen foods for lunch.
  所以，这是冷冻区，午餐的冷冻食品。

[10:26] These loaves of bread.
  这些面包。

[10:29] You want a peanut butter cereals?
  你想要花生酱口味的麦片吗？

[10:31] These are all cereals.
  这些都是麦片。

[10:33] So, you can see these bananas right here are very green, but these bananas are ripe.
  所以，你可以看到这里的这些香蕉还是绿的，但这些香蕉已经熟了。

[10:37] Just a sandwich.
  只是一个三明治。

[10:39] So, now we're going to check out and put it on the conveyor belt.
  好了，现在我们要去结账，把它放在传送带上。

[10:41] $120.
  120美元。

[10:43] This is a grocery receipt or you can just call it a receipt.
  这是一张杂货收据，或者你也可以直接叫它收据。

[10:46] If you guys are serious about learning English and you want to practice your speaking, then check out my Patreon in the description.
  如果你们是认真想学英语并想练习口语，请查看描述栏中的Patreon。

[10:52] I post three new videos a week that help you practice your pronunciation, your accent, and most importantly, your confidence when speaking English.
  我每周发布三个新视频，帮助你们练习发音、口音，最重要的是，练习说英语时的自信。

[11:00] So, if you guys want to improve your English, check out my Patreon in the description.
  所以，如果你们想提高英语水平，请查看描述栏中的Patreon。

[11:03] I'll see you guys there.
  我们到时候见。

[11:05] And remember, you will become fluent in English.
  记住，你们一定会变得英语流利。
