# IELTS Speaking Part 3 — tanqidiy fikrlash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB6z1zfUMo8
Translation: zh-CN

[00:00] Asalam alaikum.
  安萨拉姆阿莱库姆。

[00:02] Welcome to the second season of N Marathon.
  欢迎来到N马拉松的第二季。

[00:04] Today we're going to talk about speaking part three.
  今天我们要讨论口语第三部分。

[00:13] Today I'm going to specifically focus on the role of critical thinking in part three, one of the important skills.
  今天我将特别关注批判性思维在第三部分中的作用，这是一项重要的技能。

[00:22] So let's start.
  那么让我们开始吧。

[00:23] So what is critical thinking?
  那么什么是批判性思维？

[00:27] Um critical thinking is how broadly you analyze the question and answer it.
  嗯，批判性思维是你如何广泛地分析问题并回答它。

[00:33] How you can delve deeper into the question.
  你如何深入探讨问题。

[00:36] So what examiners want you to do?
  那么考官希望你做什么？

[00:39] First one they want you to analyze the question properly and then they want you to compare um explain causes and consequences and they want you to compare different perspectives and you should also explain your opinion logically.
  首先他们希望你正确分析问题，然后他们希望你比较、嗯、解释原因和结果，他们希望你比较不同的观点，并且你还应该逻辑地解释你的观点。

[01:00] So um for the most part students may not give proper answers.
  所以嗯，大多数情况下学生可能不会给出恰当的答案。

[01:03] They may not develop their answers in depth.
  他们可能不会深入展开自己的答案。

[01:08] So let's look at this question first.
  那么我们先来看这个问题。

[01:11] Why do some people prefer living in cities?
  为什么有些人更喜欢住在城市？

[01:14] Fairly easy question but a six answer would sound like this.
  一个相当简单的问题，但六分答案听起来会是这样的。

[01:16] Because cities have more opportunities.
  因为城市有更多机会。

[01:19] Okay.
  好的。

[01:22] The question has that why part and you are answering with because that's good but it doesn't mean that it's enough.
  问题中有那个“为什么”的部分，你用“因为”来回答，这很好，但这并不意味着足够了。

[01:26] You are not thinking critically here.
  你在这里没有进行批判性思考。

[01:28] You are not analyzing it.
  你没有分析它。

[01:30] You are not providing specific features of cities that attract citizens.
  你没有提供城市吸引居民的具体特点。

[01:35] So look at this band eight answer.
  那么看看这个八分答案。

[01:37] Firstly you have to provide the cause.
  首先你必须提供原因。

[01:39] Many people prefer living in cities because of the variety of opportunities.
  许多人因为机会多样而更喜欢住在城市。

[01:44] Great.
  很好。

[01:46] So I'm providing the cause.
  所以我正在提供原因。

[01:49] I'm telling you the reason why people gravitate towards cities and then I'm explaining my idea.
  我在告诉你人们为什么被城市吸引，然后我在解释我的想法。

[01:53] As many multinational corporations are based in cities especially metropolitan areas like London most people can easily find a job explanation here.
  由于许多跨国公司设在城市，尤其是像伦敦这样的大都市区，大多数人可以轻松找到工作——这是解释。

[02:00] So in the first
  所以在第一个

[02:04] Statement I said there are variety of opportunities in cities and in the explanation part I'm saying there are many multinational corporations and that would definitely make it easier for people to to find a job.
  陈述中我说城市里有各种各样的机会，在解释部分我说有很多跨国公司，这肯定会让人们更容易找到工作。

[02:17] At the same time cities also offer numerous educational institutions ranging from universities, colleges to even learning centers.
  同时，城市也提供众多教育机构，从大学、学院甚至到学习中心。

[02:27] So another explanation here behind the thought and I have to contrast it.
  所以这是想法背后的另一个解释，我必须对比它。

[02:31] That is the most important part.
  那是最重要的部分。

[02:33] Contrasting is like providing a counterargument or comparing two different things.
  对比就像是提供反驳论点或比较两个不同的事物。

[02:39] Uh there are these are the opportunities which rural areas can never provide.
  呃，这些是农村地区永远无法提供的机会。

[02:44] So I am contrasting cities um with countryside that is the best part.
  所以我是在对比城市和乡村，那是最好的部分。

[02:51] So you are providing the cause you are explaining you are even contrasting it by answering like that to the part three questions you will definitely get a score you want.
  所以你提供原因，你解释，你甚至通过这样回答第三部分的问题来对比它，你一定会得到你想要的分数。

[03:02] Next one um let's look at this
  下一个，嗯，让我们看看这个

[03:06] Formula depth formula.
  公式深度公式。

[03:10] Um first off you have to provide direct answer that is the exact thing you do in part one as well.
  嗯，首先你必须提供直接答案，这也是你在第一部分所做的确切事情。

[03:18] And then you have to explain why you provide the reason and then provide example or consequence.
  然后你必须解释为什么提供理由，接着提供例子或后果。

[03:24] Yeah.
  是的。

[03:24] Uh providing an example is as important in part three as it is in writing task two.
  嗯，在第三部分提供例子和在写作任务二中一样重要。

[03:32] Um and then think of the other side.
  嗯，然后考虑另一方面。

[03:36] This is the same as providing two different perspectives.
  这和提供两种不同观点是一样的。

[03:42] Um for example in writing task two discussion essays you often um compare two perspectives and you have to do the same thing in part three as well and then H stands for highlighting the impact.
  嗯，例如在写作任务二的讨论文章中，你经常嗯比较两种观点，在第三部分你也必须做同样的事情，然后H代表强调影响。

[03:57] So we follow that depth formula direct answer explain why provide example or consequence think of the other side and highlight the answer and highlight the impact but you
  所以我们遵循那个深度公式：直接答案、解释原因、提供例子或后果、考虑另一方面、强调答案并强调影响，但你

[04:08] You don't have to have five of them in one answer; at least three or even two that's enough.
  你不必在一个答案中给出五个，至少三个甚至两个就足够了。

[04:13] Um, let's look at the first method of answering to answering part three questions.
  嗯，让我们看看回答第三部分问题的第一种方法。

[04:19] Um, cause and effect the same is that's the same as it is in uh writing task two.
  嗯，因果关系和写作任务二中的是一样的。

[04:26] We have cause and effect essays; you have to provide the reason um behind a certain trend and then you have to provide what implications it has on community and societies maybe on people.
  我们有因果关系的文章；你必须提供某个趋势背后的原因，然后你必须提供它对社区和社会，也许对人们的影响。

[04:44] So you have to do the same in part three.
  所以你在第三部分也要做同样的事情。

[04:47] So let's look at the question: why is traffic a problem in big cities?
  那么让我们看看这个问题：为什么交通是大城市的一个问题？

[04:53] Um, easy question again, one of the most recent questions and weak answer would sound like this.
  嗯，又是简单的问题，最近的一个问题，而一个薄弱的答案听起来会是这样的。

[04:58] Because there are many cars.
  因为有很多车。

[05:00] Good.
  好。

[05:03] You are providing a cause.
  你提供了一个原因。

[05:06] What what are but what are the effects?
  但是，影响是什么？

[05:06] What are the impacts of the very trend?
  这个趋势的影响是什么？

[05:09] How can it affect influence people, societies, individuals themselves?
  它如何影响人们、社会以及个体本身？

[05:14] Let's delve deeper into it.
  让我们深入探讨一下。

[05:17] So stronger answer would sound like this.
  所以更有力的回答应该是这样的。

[05:19] Traffic is a problem mainly because urban populations are growing rapidly.
  交通问题主要是因为城市人口在快速增长。

[05:24] Great.
  很好。

[05:24] I provided the cause.
  我提供了原因。

[05:26] That is the reason behind this trend.
  这就是这一趋势背后的原因。

[05:28] Traffic is becoming a problem because the number of people is increasing in many cities.
  交通正成为一个问题，因为许多城市的人口数量在增加。

[05:32] As people move to cities for work, infrastructure often fails to keep up which leads to congestion and pollution.
  随着人们为了工作搬到城市，基础设施往往跟不上，从而导致拥堵和污染。

[05:41] Great.
  很好。

[05:41] So I provided the cause overpopulation and I provided the how can I say I explain it the consequence as the number of people increase um transportation um well actually transportation systems cannot deal with the burden and then I'm explaining the effect this leads to congestion and pollution you see you are creating the loop here first off you
  所以我提供了原因——人口过剩，并且我提供了……怎么说呢，我解释了后果：随着人口增加，嗯，交通，嗯，实际上交通系统无法应对负担，然后我解释了影响，这导致了拥堵和污染，你看，你在这里创造了一个循环，首先你

[06:09] Provided the cause and you are connecting it to the question.
  提供了原因，并且你正在将其与问题联系起来。

[06:13] The question asks about traffic jams.
  这个问题是关于交通堵塞的。

[06:15] You ended your answer with traffic jams.
  你以交通堵塞结束了你的回答。

[06:18] You said overpopulation is affect overpopulation is the reason infrastructure cannot um keep up with the growing number of people.
  你说人口过剩是影响，人口过剩是基础设施无法跟上人口增长的原因。

[06:27] And then you said that's why there there is a high volume of traffic in cities.
  然后你说这就是为什么城市里交通流量很大。

[06:32] You see we provided cause and effect.
  你看，我们提供了因果关系。

[06:35] Next method comparing past and present.
  下一个方法是比较过去和现在。

[06:39] This method can be applied to questions that are asked with present perfect.
  这种方法可以应用于用现在完成时提出的问题。

[06:44] Um for example, this question has the way people communicate changed that the question is asked in present perfect tense.
  嗯，例如，这个问题是关于人们交流方式的变化，问题是用现在完成时提出的。

[06:51] Um which means that there is a bridge between the past and present.
  嗯，这意味着过去和现在之间有一座桥梁。

[06:58] Weak answer will sound like this.
  薄弱的回答听起来会是这样的。

[06:58] People now use social media but before they use letters.
  人们现在使用社交媒体，但以前他们使用信件。

[07:02] Okay, you're comparing but where is the in-depth analysis?
  好吧，你在比较，但深入的分析在哪里？

[07:04] Where where is your critical thinking skills?
  你的批判性思维技能在哪里？

[07:08] What are your critical thinking skills?
  你的批判性思维技能是什么？

[07:08] You are not showing the
  你没有展示出

[07:10] Examiner, uh, what you actually think about the question?
  考官，呃，你实际上对这个问题是怎么想的？

[07:12] Great.
  很好。

[07:14] Strong answer would sound like this.
  一个有力的回答听起来应该是这样的。

[07:16] In the past, communication was mostly face to face or through letters, which meant interactions were slower but often more personal.
  在过去，交流大多是面对面或通过信件，这意味着互动较慢但往往更个人化。

[07:27] Yeah, something about the past.
  是的，关于过去的一些事情。

[07:30] Um, so I'm saying that in the past people used to engage in face to face interaction but it was slower.
  嗯，所以我说在过去人们习惯于进行面对面交流，但速度较慢。

[07:36] And then nowadays digital platforms allow instant communication.
  而如今数字平台允许即时交流。

[07:39] But this led to surface level communication.
  但这导致了表面层次的交流。

[07:44] Okay, one new word here: surface level.
  好的，这里有一个新词：表面层次。

[07:47] Surface level means superficial.
  表面层次意味着肤浅。

[07:49] It's not genuine.
  它不真诚。

[07:52] It's not intimate.
  它不亲密。

[07:55] Um, surface level is an idiomatic expression.
  嗯，表面层次是一个惯用表达。

[07:57] Let's say it's mostly used for, uh, when you're describing relationships, communication.
  可以说它主要用于，呃，当你描述关系、交流时。

[08:03] So yeah, a new word.
  所以是的，一个新词。

[08:05] Um, you see I'm comparing past and present.
  嗯，你看我在比较过去和现在。

[08:06] I'm saying in the past people used to engage in face to face interaction and they used to talk, they used to communicate through...
  我是说在过去人们习惯于进行面对面交流，他们过去常常交谈，他们过去常常通过……交流。

[08:10] Letters but now um most people now use digital devices to communicate which uh allowed them to communicate faster and yeah I'm also uh providing negative impact of both of the methods.
  信件，但现在嗯大多数人使用数字设备进行交流，这嗯让他们交流更快，而且嗯我也在提供这两种方法的负面影响。

[08:27] Great next one consider both sides um this method is um the same thing you do in discussion essays in writing task two.
  很好，下一个考虑双方，嗯这种方法嗯和你在写作任务二中的讨论文章做的是同一件事。

[08:37] Uh let's look at this question.
  嗯让我们看看这个问题。

[08:39] Should governments invest more in public transportation?
  政府应该更多投资公共交通吗？

[08:43] Yeah, again simple question and again it's about transportation.
  是的，又是简单的问题，又是关于交通。

[08:47] Weak answer yes because it will reduce uh traffic jam.
  弱答案是肯定的，因为它会减少嗯交通堵塞。

[08:49] Great.
  很好。

[08:54] Um so the question is about whether governments have to invest in public transport, buses, subways and um trains and you're saying yes it will reduce traffic jam but you are not considering the other side.
  嗯所以问题是关于政府是否必须投资公共交通、公交车、地铁和嗯火车，而你说是的它会减少交通堵塞，但你没有考虑另一方面。

[09:07] What if people can disagree?
  如果人们不同意呢？

[09:10] Uh what if there is rejection?
  嗯如果有反对呢？

[09:10] Uh what if it can um cause
  嗯如果它嗯会导致

[09:12] Inconveniences for people?
  对人们来说的不便？

[09:16] You have to consider this side as well.
  你也必须考虑这一方面。

[09:18] So let's look at the band aid answer.
  那么，让我们看看这个权宜之计的答案。

[09:20] On the one hand, investing in public transport reduces traffic and pollution.
  一方面，投资公共交通可以减少交通拥堵和污染。

[09:28] If buses, subways become more affordable and convenient, people would naturally opt out of their cars in favor of public transit, right?
  如果公交车和地铁变得更实惠、更方便，人们自然会放弃私家车，转而选择公共交通，对吧？

[09:35] I'm looking at the positive side.
  我在看积极的一面。

[09:37] Yeah, on the positive note, it would definitely reduce pollution and uh traffic jam because they will become more affordable.
  是的，从积极的角度看，这肯定会减少污染和交通拥堵，因为它们会变得更实惠。

[09:44] They will become more convenient.
  它们会变得更方便。

[09:46] That's why people just abandon their cars, leave their cars at home, and they'll start using buses or subways.
  这就是为什么人们会抛弃汽车，把车留在家里，开始使用公交车或地铁。

[09:53] On the other hand, it requires significant public funding, which may increase taxes.
  另一方面，这需要大量的公共资金，可能会增加税收。

[09:59] Ultimately, long-term benefits tend to outweigh the costs.
  最终，长期利益往往超过成本。

[10:04] So, on the negative side, however, it can um require people to pay more taxes.
  所以，从消极方面看，它可能会要求人们缴纳更多的税。

[10:11] Definitely government funds are often um how can I say that
  当然，政府资金通常……嗯，我该怎么说呢

[10:15] Government well people actually feel the government funds they provide taxes.
  政府，嗯，人们实际上感受到他们通过税收提供的政府资金。

[10:20] That's why we have those this national income.
  这就是为什么我们有这些国民收入。

[10:25] So I'm talking about from this perspective you can also mention the fact that um investing more more in public transportation doesn't mean doesn't guarantee that people would definitely abandon their cars.
  所以，我从这个角度来说，你还可以提到，嗯，在公共交通上投入更多并不意味着，也不保证人们会完全放弃他们的汽车。

[10:34] Yeah.
  是的。

[10:38] Um but at the end as a conclusion um I'm saying that long-term benefits can outweigh the costs.
  嗯，但最后作为结论，嗯，我说长期利益可以超过成本。

[10:47] So my opinion here is that um it is more of a positive development.
  所以，我这里的观点是，嗯，这更像是一个积极的发展。

[10:53] Perfect.
  完美。

[10:53] Next method generalizing carefully.
  下一个方法：谨慎概括。

[10:57] Please do not overgeneralize the answers.
  请不要过度概括答案。

[11:01] Um it would definitely be counterffective.
  嗯，这肯定会适得其反。

[11:03] For example, let's look at this question.
  例如，让我们看看这个问题。

[11:05] What group of people uh technology is mostly useful for.
  技术对哪类人群最有用？

[11:11] So um the question is about demographics and weak answer would sound like this.
  所以，嗯，这个问题是关于人口统计的，一个薄弱的答案听起来会是这样。

[11:15] Everyone prefers technology.
  每个人都偏爱科技。

[11:19] Okay, by everyone you mean everyone.
  好吧，你说的“每个人”是指所有人。

[11:21] All people around the world.
  全世界所有的人。

[11:23] Sometimes there are people who may not like using technologies, old school, you know.
  有时候有些人可能不喜欢使用科技，老派的那种，你知道的。

[11:28] Um, better answer would sound like this.
  嗯，更好的回答应该是这样的。

[11:29] Many people, especially younger generations, tend to rely on technology in daily life, and then you can explain the answer.
  许多人，尤其是年轻一代，倾向于在日常生活中依赖科技，然后你可以解释这个答案。

[11:38] For example, uh, they use technologies for their daily chores, um, ranging from smartphones to computers, can facilitate daily tasks and, um, make lives easier, something like that.
  例如，呃，他们使用科技来处理日常琐事，嗯，从智能手机到电脑，可以促进日常任务，嗯，让生活更轻松，诸如此类。

[11:52] So, um, please try to avoid words like always, everyone, all people, never, because, um, by using such simple words, you may overgeneralize.
  所以，嗯，请尽量避免使用像“总是”、“每个人”、“所有人”、“从不”这样的词，因为，嗯，使用这样简单的词汇，你可能会过度概括。

[12:05] You may risk making a certain phenomenon a universal thing.
  你可能会冒险把某个现象说成是普遍的事情。

[12:11] Let's talk about what examiners really listen for.
  我们来谈谈考官真正关注的是什么。

[12:14] So we have band descriptors.
  所以我们有评分标准描述。

[12:17] That is available for the public.
  这是对公众开放的。

[12:20] Um, so examiners mostly listen for well-developed answers, uh, relevant extended answers and your ability to answer abstract questions.
  嗯，所以考官主要听的是结构完善的答案、相关的扩展回答以及你回答抽象问题的能力。

[12:29] Sometimes part three questions are really abstract.
  有时第三部分的问题真的很抽象。

[12:33] For example, in one of my real exams, I got this question.
  例如，在我的一次真实考试中，我遇到了这个问题。

[12:37] Um, ah, how can advertisements affect people's values?
  嗯，啊，广告如何影响人们的价值观？

[12:43] Yeah, the question is fairly abstract, but uh, you have to have the ability to answer this question.
  是的，这个问题相当抽象，但嗯，你必须有能力回答这个问题。

[12:48] And in order to do that, you have to develop your critical thinking.
  为了做到这一点，你必须培养你的批判性思维。

[12:51] In order to develop your critical thinking, you have to do something cliche.
  为了培养你的批判性思维，你必须做一些老生常谈的事情。

[12:55] You have to read articles and you have to read a lot of English books, scientific books to be specific.
  你必须阅读文章，而且必须读很多英语书籍，具体来说是科学书籍。

[13:04] And before you answer any part three questions, any part three question, you have to prepare, you have to prepare your samples beforehand.
  在回答任何第三部分的问题之前，你必须准备，你必须提前准备好你的范例。

[13:10] Please do not talk randomly because if there is an input, there will be an output.
  请不要随意发言，因为如果有输入，就会有输出。

[13:14] Input is something you insert in.
  输入是你插入的东西。

[13:17] Your brain.
  你的大脑。

[13:20] Output is the product is the answer you're providing.
  输出是你提供的答案。

[13:22] Um, so how to train your critical thinking?
  嗯，那么如何训练你的批判性思维？

[13:25] First one, um, pick one question, answer it.
  第一，嗯，选一个问题，回答它。

[13:32] Um, ask yourself why?
  嗯，问自己为什么？

[13:34] What causes this?
  是什么导致了这一点？

[13:36] What are the consequences?
  后果是什么？

[13:39] And is there another perspective?
  还有别的视角吗？

[13:41] So when you're listening to your own recording, you have to answer these four questions.
  所以当你听自己的录音时，你必须回答这四个问题。

[13:47] Um, if you cannot, probably you have to extend your answer even more.
  嗯，如果你不能，你可能需要进一步扩展你的答案。

[13:52] Force your brain to go one level deeper.
  迫使你的大脑深入一层。

[13:55] In that way you can definitely develop your critical thinking, which is the most important skill in while speaking part three.
  这样你肯定能培养你的批判性思维，这是口语第三部分中最重要的技能。

[14:01] Not only in part three but also in writing, in reading and even listening.
  不仅在第三部分，而且在写作、阅读甚至听力中。

[14:08] So um now let's talk about biggest mistakes in part three.
  所以嗯现在我们来谈谈第三部分中最大的错误。

[14:10] First off, giving personal answers.
  首先是给出个人答案。

[14:12] Personal answer.
  个人答案。

[14:15] Personal stories.
  个人故事。

[14:15] Let's say personal stories are
  比如说个人故事是

[14:17] Only allowed in speaking part one and speaking part two but not in speaking part three unless the examiner asks about your own experiences by saying do you think or do you relate to that or something like that which happens rare.
  仅允许在口语第一部分和第二部分使用，但在第三部分不允许，除非考官通过说“你认为”或“你对此有共鸣吗”或类似的情况来询问你自己的经历，这种情况很少发生。

[14:33] Um, second mistake answering in one sentence.
  嗯，第二个错误是用一句话回答。

[14:35] Come on, it's part three.
  拜托，这是第三部分。

[14:38] You have to delve deeper.
  你必须深入探讨。

[14:41] It's even in part one you're not allowed to you cannot answer in with one sentence answers.
  即使在第一部分，你也不允许用一句话回答。

[14:48] That's why please be careful.
  这就是为什么请小心。

[14:50] Extend your answers as much as possible.
  尽可能扩展你的答案。

[14:53] Third mistake panicking when question becomes abstract.
  第三个错误是当问题变得抽象时惊慌失措。

[14:56] Well, we have this phenomenon.
  嗯，我们有这种现象。

[14:58] We have this saying beat around the bush.
  我们有这个说法：拐弯抹角。

[15:01] Before you come up with proper answer, you have to beat around the bush.
  在你得出合适的答案之前，你必须拐弯抹角。

[15:04] By beating around the bush, I mean you have to provide background statement to the question, paraphrase the question and then um when the idea comes to your mind, you have to provide it directly.
  我所说的拐弯抹角，是指你必须为问题提供背景陈述，转述问题，然后嗯，当想法出现在你脑海中时，你必须直接提供它。

[15:16] So that's called beating around the bush.
  所以这被称为拐弯抹角。

[00:00] Um, a fourth one
  嗯，第四个

[15:19] Is repeating the same idea in different words.
  用不同的词语重复同一个想法。

[15:21] Um, that happens a lot.
  嗯，这种情况经常发生。

[15:25] Candidates provide the answer and then they paraphrase it and provide it again, which is counterproductive.
  考生给出答案，然后改述并再次提供，这反而适得其反。

[15:32] Please avoid that.
  请避免这样做。

[15:35] Fifth one, overusing memorized chunks like 'on the other hand', 'on an unprecedented scale', even if it's out of context.
  第五点，过度使用记忆中的语块，比如“另一方面”、“空前规模”，即使它们脱离上下文。

[15:44] So please try to avoid these mistakes in your answers and prepare well for your exams.
  所以请尽量在回答中避免这些错误，并为考试做好充分准备。

[15:50] Good luck.
  祝你好运。
