# I speak English at native speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY_Eyw1br8I
Translation: zh-TW

[00:01] Hello.
  你好。

[00:02] My name is Eevee and this is a video at native speed English to help you practice your listening comprehension.
  我的名字是 Eevee，這是一個以母語速度播放的英語影片，以幫助你練習聽力理解。

[00:11] Feels funny to say that at normal speed, but this is the 100,000 subscriber special.
  以正常速度說這話感覺有點奇怪，但這是 100,000 訂閱者的特別節目。

[00:17] So, I thought maybe I should mix it up a little bit.
  所以，我想也許我應該稍微改變一下。

[00:19] Um, yeah, this is going to be eight minutes of me speaking at native speed.
  嗯，是的，這將是我以母語速度講八分鐘。

[00:25] I would love to know how much you can understand.
  我很想知道你能理解多少。

[00:27] So, watch the whole thing and comment down below if you could understand me or not.
  所以，請看完整個影片，如果你能聽懂我說的話，請在下方留言評論。

[00:36] So, I am making this video because I am about to hit 100,000 subscribers.
  我製作這個影片是因為我即將達到 100,000 訂閱者。

[00:40] Um, I'm about 1,000 away right now, but I wanted this video to be filmed and ready so that I could upload it.
  嗯，我現在大約還差 1,000 人，但我希望這個影片能被拍攝並準備好，以便我能上傳它。

[00:49] Um, [laughter] upload it for when I hit 100K cuz that is so freaking cool.
  嗯，[笑聲] 在我達到 100K 時上傳它，因為那實在是太酷了。

[00:54] Um, I've been running my channel now for about 4 months.
  嗯，我經營我的頻道現在大約有 4 個月了。

[00:57] I think it's actually 4 months
  我想實際上是 4 個月

[01:01] today since my first upload.
  今天是我第一次上傳以來。

[01:04] And this is the exact beach that I filmed in my very, very first vlog.
  這就是我拍攝我的第一個 vlog 時的那個海灘。

[01:09] And I was so nervous.
  我非常緊張。

[01:09] I was so nervous in that video.
  我在那個影片裡非常緊張。

[01:13] I was like, my voice was shaking and I had to keep retaking the video because I was so scared.
  我當時的聲音在發抖，而且因為我太害怕了，不得不重複拍攝影片。

[01:17] And that was just four months ago.
  而那才四個月前。

[01:19] So, feels pretty cool to uh to be here now.
  所以，現在在這裡感覺很棒。

[01:25] And hopefully I come across a little bit more relaxed.
  希望我看起來能稍微放鬆一點。

[01:28] Um, in this video, I wanted to talk about a couple things.
  嗯，在這個影片裡，我想談談幾件事。

[01:31] one I wanted to speak about the difference between advanced like how I speak to an advanced English learner and how I speak to a native and I wanted to speak a little bit about the future of this channel as well.
  一是我想談談進階，例如我如何對進階英語學習者說話，以及我如何對母語人士說話，而且我也想談談這個頻道的未來。

[01:45] So, you know, see see if you can see if you can follow it.
  所以，你知道的，看看你是否能跟上。

[01:48] So, the the first thing I wanted to talk about was the difference between the way I speak to an advanced English learner and the way I speak to a native because these are actually two different things.
  所以，我想談的第一件事是，我對進階英語學習者說話的方式和我對母語人士說話的方式之間的差異，因為這實際上是兩件不同的事情。

[02:00] Um,
  嗯，

[02:02] when I speak to an advanced English speaker, like even somebody who's like C1, C2, they're basically fluent.
  當我與英語流利的說話者交談時，即使是像C1、C2級別的人，他們基本上都說得很流利。

[02:09] They can work in English.
  他們可以用英語工作。

[02:12] I do still change my language.
  我仍然會改變我的語言。

[02:14] Um, even when I've made friends with people from other countries, my my English is completely different.
  嗯，即使我與來自其他國家的人交了朋友，我的英語也完全不同。

[02:17] Oh, Christ, my that dog scared me.
  哦，天哪，那隻狗嚇到我了。

[02:21] Um, my English is completely different compared to how I would speak with a with a like a native speaker.
  嗯，我的英語和我與母語人士交談的方式相比，完全不同。

[02:29] And the main difference is not necessarily the speed, but like the words that I choose and the words that I use.
  而主要的區別不一定是速度，而是我選擇的詞語和我使用的詞語。

[02:39] So when I speak to an advanced English speaker, I will avoid like really heavy slang.
  所以當我與英語流利的說話者交談時，我會避免使用非常重的俚語。

[02:44] I'll avoid heavy slang.
  我會避免使用重的俚語。

[02:46] I'll avoid using too many expressions or colloquialisms or kind of leaning too much into the sarcasm.
  我會避免使用太多的表達方式或俗語，或者過於傾向於諷刺。

[02:51] Uh, for example, like if I'm speaking to another Brit, I will literally be like, "Shut up."
  呃，例如，如果我與另一個英國人說話，我會直說：「閉嘴。」

[02:59] I'll just be like, "Your banter, like your Brits are very sarcastic. We're
  我只會說：「你的玩笑，你們英國人非常諷刺。我們

[03:03] very dry.
  非常乾。

[03:05] Like, we like to take the piss out of each other.
  就像，我們喜歡互相開玩笑。

[03:07] Sometimes I speak to like my advanced students and they might even find this video a bit difficult because I'm speaking faster and I'm using more specific words and phrases in here as well.
  有時候我對我的進階學生說話，他們甚至可能會覺得這部影片有點難，因為我說話更快，而且我還使用了更具體的詞語和短語。

[03:18] Now, I don't know if any of you have moved abroad at some point in your life to an English-speaking country because I think this is one of the main times that people really feel that difference between an advanced English speaker and a native speaker.
  現在，我不知道你們有沒有人在一生中曾經搬到英語系國家過，因為我認為這是人們真正感受到進階英語使用者和母語人士之間差異的主要時機之一。

[03:31] In particular, if you make friends with natives, it's fine when you're one-on-one, but the minute that you end up going into like a bar or a group or like a big social event where there's lots of natives who are speaking to each other, that's actually when a lot of people find that their listening comprehension drops a lot, even though they're like C1, maybe like C1 speakers, like super advanced speakers, B2C1.
  特別是，如果你和母語人士交朋友，一對一的時候還可以，但當你進入酒吧、團體或大型社交活動，有很多母語人士在互相交談時，那實際上是很多人發現他們的聽力理解能力下降很多的時候，即使他們是C1，也許是C1級別的使用者，像超級進階的使用者，B2C1。

[03:57] And the biggest problem there is a lack of cultural understanding.
  而最大的問題是缺乏文化理解。

[03:59] um you need to understand like the jokes and the
  嗯，你需要理解像笑話和

[04:06] culture and the background of the country that you're in, I think, in order to necessarily like pick up on the jokes, on the intonation, on the kind of banter that goes back and forth between people.
  文化以及你所在國家的背景，我認為，才能夠真正地理解笑話、語調以及人們之間來回的玩笑。

[04:15] And I think the UK is particularly bad for this because we're very dry.
  我認為英國在這方面尤其糟糕，因為我們非常含蓄。

[04:19] We're very sarcastic, like I said.
  我們非常諷刺，就像我說的。

[04:21] So, my advice for people who struggle with this or if you are like an advanced speaker, maybe my videos are too slow for you or you want something more challenging, you need to watch reality TV.
  所以，我的建議是，對於那些在這方面有困難的人，或者如果你是像一個高級學習者，也許我的影片對你來說太慢了，或者你想要更有挑戰性的東西，你需要看真人實境秀。

[04:33] [laughter]
  [笑聲]

[04:35] And I know it's not for everyone.
  我知道這並不適合所有人。

[04:37] Like people don't always enjoy reality TV like dating shows.
  就像人們並不總是喜歡真人實境秀，例如約會節目。

[04:39] Um, but they are so important to watch because that is one of the only times that you will hear natives speaking to each other, particularly in these like small talky, getting to know each other contexts without having like their language changed at all.
  嗯，但它們非常重要，因為這是你唯一能聽到母語人士互相交談的時機之一，尤其是在這些閒聊、互相認識的場合，而他們的語言卻沒有絲毫改變。

[04:55] So, watch reality TV.
  所以，看真人實境秀。

[04:59] If you want to be like conversational, making friends in English, watch reality TV.
  如果你想變得像健談一樣，用英語交朋友，就看真人實境秀。

[05:02] No subtitles.
  沒有字幕。

[05:05] You already know the drill.
  你已經知道規矩了。

[05:05] Um, if there's like a word or a
  嗯，如果有一個詞或一個

[05:07] phrase that you don't get, then just turn them on them.
  如果你不理解某個詞組，那就把它們用在對話中。

[05:10] So that would be my advice.
  所以這就是我的建議。

[05:12] If you want to make friends or if you're trying to go from that kind of advanced to like kind of native level like banter, watch reality TV.
  如果你想交朋友，或者想從那種進階水平提升到像母語者一樣的閒聊水平，那就看真人秀。

[05:19] Once you're comfortable with that, then start watching comedies because that will give you like the kind of cultural understanding to if you can get the joke, you're going to be fine.
  一旦你對此感到自在，就開始看喜劇，因為那樣會讓你獲得那種文化理解，如果你能聽懂笑話，你就會沒事的。

[05:30] You're going to be like, "S2, no worries."
  你會覺得，嗯，沒問題。

[05:35] Okay, it's now about six minutes.
  好的，現在大約六分鐘了。

[05:38] So, I want to talk a little bit for the last couple minutes here just kind of reflect on my channel and everything that's gone on in the last few months.
  所以，我想在最後幾分鐘裡稍微談談我的頻道以及過去幾個月發生的一切。

[05:47] So, I started this back in January because I noticed that a lot of videos that help you learn English are very educational.
  我是在一月開始的，因為我注意到很多幫助你學習英語的影片都非常教育性。

[05:55] And by that I mean, and there's nothing wrong with this, okay?
  我的意思是，這沒有什麼不對，好嗎？

[05:59] If you're a creator that does this or you like channels that do this, I noticed that they do a lot of stuff like, "Oh, let's go to a supermarket and I'm going to like tell you what all of these words
  如果你是這樣做的創作者，或者你喜歡這樣的頻道，我注意到他們會做很多事情，比如，「哦，我們去超市，我要告訴你所有這些詞彙

[06:09] are.
  是。

[06:10] Um, and that's fine and it's very useful, right?
  嗯，這樣很好，而且非常有用，對吧？

[06:14] You need that sort of content.
  你需要那樣的內容。

[06:18] But I am of the opinion that if you want amazing English or to learn any language, it needs to become a part of your life.
  但我的看法是，如果你想學好英文或學習任何語言，它需要成為你生活的一部分。

[06:23] If you need to be every single morning watching whatever you would normally watch in Spanish or Korean or Portuguese, you need to be watching that in English.
  如果你需要每天早上都看你平常會看的西班牙語、韓語或葡萄牙語節目，你需要用英文來看。

[06:39] And as soon as you start like replacing all of your habits with habits in English, your fluency is going to go through the roof.
  一旦你開始用英文習慣取代你所有的習慣，你的流利度就會突飛猛進。

[06:46] Like because your brain needs to be kind of immersed.
  因為你的大腦需要一種沉浸式的體驗。

[06:49] It's immersed. Sorry. It's like this kind of immersion.
  是沉浸式的。抱歉。就像這種沉浸。

[06:55] So, you know, I wanted to make content that you would actually want to sit and watch after a day of work.
  所以，你知道，我想製作你真正想在一天工作後坐下來觀看的內容。

[07:02] Like, at least for me, when I finish work, I like watching vlogs or I like watching lifestyle content.
  對我來說，至少在我下班後，我喜歡看 vlog 或生活風格的內容。

[07:06] That's just me.
  這只是我個人。

[07:06] So, I tried to
  所以，我試著

[07:09] make content like that in English, but just for people who are learning.
  製作像這樣的英文內容，但僅供學習者使用。

[07:13] and that was kind of my idea behind behind my channel.
  這也是我創辦頻道的初衷。

[07:19] And, you know, that's why I've not done any like vocabulary builder videos or anything like this.
  所以，你知道的，這就是為什麼我沒有製作任何像詞彙建構影片或類似的東西。

[07:22] I'm I'm more trying to make native content that's accessible basically.
  我更傾向於製作基本上是可及的原生內容。

[07:28] And um you know I I'm trying to make one video a week at the minute.
  而且，你知道的，我目前正試圖每週製作一個影片。

[07:33] So I just don't have time to do anything else at the moment.
  所以我目前沒有時間做其他事情。

[07:35] But yeah, in the future it would be great to to do a little bit more.
  但是的，未來能做更多一點會很棒。

[07:42] I have lots of plans for the future.
  我對未來有很多計畫。

[07:44] I'll keep them quiet for now because I don't know if I can pull them off.
  我現在會保密，因為我不知道我是否能實現它們。

[07:50] Um, I just really wanted to say thanks to you guys.
  嗯，我只是真的很想感謝大家。

[07:52] I mean, this has been really, really quick growth.
  我的意思是，這成長得非常非常快。

[07:54] Um, 4 months, and I know that a lot of my videos suck, but they're getting better.
  嗯，四個月，我知道我的很多影片都很爛，但它們正在進步。

[08:01] I try and make every video a little bit better than the last, and I I hope you can see that and you can feel that.
  我試著讓每個影片都比上一個好一點，我希望你們能看到並感受到這一點。

[08:10] Really appreciate your patience and all of your comments and all of your support.
  非常感謝您的耐心以及您所有的評論和支持。

[08:13] It it really means a lot to me.
  這對我來說意義重大。

[08:15] And um you know just thanks so much for watching and for subscribing and for getting me to 100,000 subscribers.
  還有，你知道的，非常感謝您的觀看、訂閱以及讓我達到了十萬訂閱者。

[08:25] How much could you understand?
  您能理解多少？

[08:27] Let me know.
  讓我知道。

[08:29] Um but that is everything from me today and uh I will see you in the next video.
  嗯，但這就是我今天的全部內容了，我會在下一個影片中見到您。

[08:32] Bye.
  再見。
