# how to study even when you're EXHAUSTED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W65PKHuiZHY
Translation: zh-CN

[00:00] Don't.
  别。

[00:00] That's the answer.
  这就是答案。

[00:02] Your body is signaling to you that it's tired.
  你的身体在向你发出信号，表明它累了。

[00:04] So, why do you want to tire it out even more with a bunch of calculus problems or that English essay that you haven't even started?
  那么，你为什么想用一堆微积分问题或者你还没开始写的英语论文来让它更加疲惫呢？

[00:10] No, no, no.
  不，不，不。

[00:12] You deserve to treat yourself.
  你应该善待自己。

[00:14] I want you to go and grab the warmest and the comfiest blanket that you have, turn the lights off, and take a nice long nap until you feel re-energized.
  我希望你去拿你最温暖、最舒适的毯子，关掉灯，好好睡一觉，直到你感觉精力充沛。

[00:21] And when you wake up in the middle of the night, that's when you can scramble and panic and try to finish all of your assignments just a few hours before class.
  当你半夜醒来时，那时你就可以匆忙、恐慌地在课前几个小时完成你所有的作业。

[00:28] Obviously, I'm joking.
  显然，我在开玩笑。

[00:30] You probably don't have the luxury to take a nap right now.
  你现在可能没有奢侈到可以睡个午觉。

[00:32] So, how do you get through that pile of work that's just staring at you?
  那么，你如何应对那堆令你感到压力的工作呢？

[00:38] In this video, I'm going to cover my tips for studying even when you're exhausted.
  在这个视频中，我将介绍我即使在筋疲力尽时学习的技巧。

[00:42] The truth is, you only have two solutions here.
  事实是，你只有两种解决方案。

[00:44] You can either boost your energy so you can work for longer, or you can optimize your workflow so you can finish faster.
  你可以选择提高你的精力，这样你就可以工作更长时间，或者你可以优化你的工作流程，这样你就可以更快地完成。

[00:50] Now, obviously you want a mix of both.
  现在，显然你想要两者的结合。

[00:52] Let's begin by talking about ways to feel more energized.
  让我们开始谈谈如何感觉更有活力。

[00:55] Tip number one, fix your body posture.
  第一招，调整你的身体姿势。

[00:57] Like right now, I
  就像现在，我

[01:01] see the way that you're slouching.
  看看你驼背的样子。

[01:02] There's an idea known as embodied cognition, which states that the physical condition of our body influences how we think, feel, and process information.
  有一个叫做具身认知（embodied cognition）的理论，它指出我们身体的物理状况会影响我们的思考、感受和处理信息的方式。

[01:11] In other words, the way that you're sitting at your desk right now influences your energy levels and your concentration.
  换句话说，你现在坐在书桌前的姿势会影响你的精力水平和注意力。

[01:16] So look, although sitting like this or this or even this might seem comfortable, actually that one seems kind of uncomfortable, it hinders your ability to focus.
  所以你看，虽然像这样或这样，甚至这样坐着可能看起来很舒服，但实际上那种姿势有点不舒服，它会阻碍你集中注意力的能力。

[01:24] And studies support this.
  研究也支持这一点。

[01:27] Researchers at San Francisco State University tested 125 students on a series of math problems, both while they were slouching and also while they were sitting upright.
  旧金山州立大学的研究人员让125名学生在驼背和挺直坐姿两种状态下完成了一系列数学题。

[01:36] 56% of those students, a majority, reported that those problems were easier to solve when they were sitting up straight.
  其中56%的学生，也就是大多数，报告说当他们坐直时，这些问题更容易解决。

[01:42] So, as you're working, keep your back straight, your shoulders slightly pushed back, and your feet flat on the floor.
  所以，在工作时，保持你的背部挺直，肩膀稍微向后，双脚平放在地板上。

[01:49] Of course, you don't have to freeze yourself in this position.
  当然，你不需要把自己固定在这个姿势上。

[01:51] Feel free to move around a little bit, but avoid slouching so you don't put your mind in that lethargic state.
  可以随意稍微活动一下，但要避免驼背，以免让你的思绪进入那种昏昏欲睡的状态。

[01:56] Alternatively, you could simply stand as you work, especially as you're listening to lecture recordings,
  或者，你也可以在工作时站着，尤其是在听讲座录音时，

[02:02] Reciting key points, or brainstorming.
  复习要点或进行头脑风暴。

[02:04] I'm a huge fan of my standing desk for this very reason.
  我非常喜欢我的站立式办公桌，原因就在于此。

[02:07] And plus, you should be standing around every 30 minutes or so because sitting isn't all that great for your health.
  而且，你应该每30分钟左右站起来一次，因为久坐对你的健康并不好。

[02:11] Which brings me to tip number two for boosting your energy.
  这就引出了我提高精力的第二条建议。

[02:15] More powerful than simply standing is the walking plus sunlight combo.
  比单纯站着更有用的是走路加上阳光的组合。

[02:20] This is one of the quickest ways to boost your energy if you're feeling down.
  如果你感到情绪低落，这是提高精力的最快方法之一。

[02:23] I know you're busy, so the walk doesn't have to be long.
  我知道你很忙，所以散步不必很长。

[02:27] Just 10 to 20 minutes is plenty.
  10到20分钟就足够了。

[02:29] Even walking for just this long increases your heart rate, which pumps more oxygen and glucose to your brain.
  即使只是走这么长时间，也能提高你的心率，将更多的氧气和葡萄糖输送到大脑。

[02:33] Think of glucose as the fuel that your brain needs to lock in.
  把葡萄糖想象成你的大脑需要锁定的燃料。

[02:36] Plus, if you're working on a creative task like a research project or an essay, I would argue that walking is a necessity.
  另外，如果你正在做一个像研究项目或写论文这样的创意任务，我认为走路是必需的。

[02:42] A Stanford study with 176 college students found that their creative output increased by 60% while walking compared to sitting.
  斯坦福大学对176名大学生进行的一项研究发现，与坐着相比，他们走路时的创造力输出提高了60%。

[02:49] Now, simply walking around, even inside, is fantastic.
  现在，即使只是在室内走动，也是很棒的。

[02:53] But when you combine it with sunlight, that's when you unlock some gamechanging benefits.
  但当你把它与阳光结合起来时，你就能获得一些改变游戏规则的好处。

[02:57] Why?
  为什么？

[02:57] Because sunlight suppresses melatonin, the hormone that causes us to feel tired.
  因为阳光会抑制褪黑素，这种激素会让我们感到疲倦。

[03:01] Plus, sunlight encourages
  另外，阳光会促进

[03:03] the production of serotonin, which is our body's feel-good neurotransmitter that enhances focus and mood.
  血清素的产生，这是我们身体的让人感觉良好的神经递质，可以增强注意力和情绪。

[03:10] But go hard.
  但要坚持下去。

[03:10] What if it's cloudy outside?
  如果外面阴天怎么办？

[03:12] Still go for that walk.
  仍然去散步。

[03:14] Even indirect sunlight can help regulate melatonin and serotonin.
  即使是间接阳光也能帮助调节褪黑素和血清素。

[03:16] Tip number three, take a power nap.
  第三个建议，小睡一会儿。

[03:18] All right, I knew this one would be on the list, and it is a valid strategy, but here's the thing.
  好吧，我知道这个会在列表上，而且这是一个有效的策略，但问题是这样的。

[03:22] I'm not a huge fan of taking naps.
  我不是一个非常喜欢午睡的人。

[03:25] For some reason, I always feel like I'm being lazy or not using my time efficiently, even though I'm literally re-energizing.
  出于某种原因，我总是觉得自己在偷懒或者没有有效地利用时间，尽管我实际上是在恢复精力。

[03:33] I don't know.
  我不知道。

[03:33] Does anybody else feel this way?
  还有其他人有这种感觉吗？

[03:35] Anyways, I know that naps are sometimes necessary.
  总之，我知道午睡有时是必要的。

[03:37] And note how I said a power nap and not just a regular nap.
  请注意我说的是小睡而不是普通的午睡。

[03:39] The last thing I want you to do is take a 3, 4, 5 hour nap, wake up at 2:00 a.m. not knowing what universe you're on, and scramble to finish your work at the last minute.
  我最不希望你做的事情是睡上三、四、五个小时，凌晨两点醒来，不知道自己在哪个宇宙，然后在最后一刻匆忙完成工作。

[03:49] Instead, I want you to take a 20 to 30 minute nap, preferably earlier in the day.
  相反，我希望你小睡二十分钟到三十分钟，最好是在一天早些时候。

[03:53] This way, you can experience the restorative effects of a nap without feeling groggy when you wake up, all while protecting your sleep schedule.
  这样，你可以在醒来时不会感到昏昏沉沉，同时又能体验到午睡的恢复效果，并且保护你的睡眠时间表。

[03:59] Let's go ahead and give this a try.
  让我们开始试试吧。

[04:03] This
  这个

[04:05] is going to be my first nap in months.
  这将是我几个月来的第一次小睡。

[04:07] So, we have found a dark, quiet, and cool place, which feels pretty ideal for napping.
  所以，我们找到了一个黑暗、安静、凉爽的地方，这对于小睡来说感觉相当理想。

[04:11] So, let's go ahead and set a timer for 30 minutes.
  那么，我们开始设置一个30分钟的计时器吧。

[04:13] Now, I am a bit skeptical because I feel like it takes me 20 minutes just to fall asleep, but let's see.
  现在，我有点怀疑，因为我觉得我需要20分钟才能入睡，但我们拭目以待吧。

[04:19] I'll report back to you shortly.
  我很快会向你汇报。

[04:26] All right, so I did manage to fall asleep and I didn't feel super groggy.
  好的，我确实睡着了，而且感觉没有那么昏昏欲睡。

[04:30] Had I slept for longer, I might have gone through a sleep cycle and woken up with more sleep inertia, which is that drowsy postnap feeling.
  如果我睡得更久，我可能会经历一个睡眠周期，醒来时会有更多的睡眠惰性，也就是那种昏昏欲睡的小睡后的感觉。

[04:36] I'm very glad that we avoided that.
  我很高兴我们避免了这种情况。

[04:38] All right, and then the next tip for boosting energy, drink coffee.
  好的，那么下一个提升能量的建议是，喝咖啡。

[04:42] Maybe.
  也许吧。

[04:42] Now, this one I saved for last because guzzling through cups of coffee to finish your A push readings should not be your go-to solution.
  现在，这个我留到最后，因为为了完成你的A推阅读而大口喝咖啡不应该是你的首选解决方案。

[04:51] Think of coffee as a band-aid that you should use only in dire situations.
  把咖啡想象成创可贴，只应在紧急情况下使用。

[04:55] So, you know how I don't take naps?
  所以，你知道我不午睡，对吧？

[04:57] Well, this might also surprise you.
  嗯，这可能也会让你惊讶。

[04:59] I don't drink coffee either.
  我也不喝咖啡。

[05:01] I didn't drink it at all during high school, nor did I drink it during
  我高中时根本不喝，在...期间也不喝

[05:05] college.
  大学。

[05:08] If you're younger, I recommend you do the same.
  如果你年轻，我建议你也这样做。

[05:11] Or at the very least, limit your coffee intake because once you get hooked, it can be very hard to stop.
  或者至少，限制你的咖啡摄入量，因为一旦你上瘾了，就很难戒掉。

[05:15] And here's how that happens.
  事情是这样发生的。

[05:18] Your brain produces adenosine, a chemical that makes you feel tired by binding to adenosine receptors.
  你的大脑会产生腺苷，这是一种通过与腺苷受体结合来让你感到疲倦的化学物质。

[05:24] When you drink coffee, the caffeine blocks these receptors, which prevents adenosine from making you feel fatigued.
  当你喝咖啡时，咖啡因会阻断这些受体，从而阻止腺苷让你感到疲劳。

[05:31] If this happens once in a while, cool.
  如果偶尔发生一次，那没关系。

[05:33] But if you start doing this more often, your brain will actually produce more adenosine receptors to make up for the ones that are blocked by caffeine.
  但如果你开始更频繁地这样做，你的大脑实际上会产生更多的腺苷受体，以弥补被咖啡因阻断的那些受体。

[05:41] So now you'll need extra caffeine to block the extra receptors to achieve the same level of alertness.
  所以现在你需要额外的咖啡因来阻断额外的受体，以达到相同的警觉水平。

[05:45] And this can just spiral into a continuous loop.
  这可能会螺旋式地进入一个持续的循环。

[05:50] So if you want to drink coffee to feel more alert, avoid doing it habitually.
  所以如果你想喝咖啡来感觉更清醒，避免习惯性地这样做。

[05:54] Limit yourself to 100 to 200 millig of caffeine in a day, especially if you're younger.
  每天限制自己摄入100到200毫克的咖啡因，尤其是如果你年轻。

[05:59] And also stop drinking coffee at least 6 hours before bed because the caffeine can linger in your body a lot longer than you expect.
  另外，睡前至少6小时停止喝咖啡，因为咖啡因在你体内的残留时间可能比你预期的要长得多。

[06:05] Caffeine has a
  咖啡因有

[06:07] halflife of about 6 hours.
  半衰期约为6小时。

[06:10] So, if you drink 200 milligrams at 400 p.m., your body is still going to have 100 milligrams at 1000 p.m. and 50 milligrams at 4:00 a.m., which is when you should hopefully hopefully be asleep.
  所以，如果你下午4点喝下200毫克，那么晚上10点你的身体里仍然会有100毫克，凌晨4点会有50毫克，而那时你应该已经睡着了，希望如此。

[06:21] Now, let's move on to the second part of this video.
  现在，让我们继续这个视频的第二部分。

[06:23] How to optimize your workflow.
  如何优化你的工作流程。

[06:25] But before we jump in, let's hear from this video sponsor, Grammarly.
  但在我们开始之前，让我们听听这个视频的赞助商Grammarly。

[06:29] Grammarly is an AI tool that goes way beyond spelling and grammar.
  Grammarly是一个人工智能工具，它远远超出了拼写和语法检查的范畴。

[06:31] It helps with the entire writing process, from brainstorming to editing.
  它有助于整个写作过程，从头脑风暴到编辑。

[06:36] Let's say we have to write an essay about the American Revolution, but don't know where to start.
  假设我们要写一篇关于美国革命的论文，但不知道从哪里开始。

[06:40] All we have to do is ask Grammarly for help with brainstorming, and it'll generate a handful of topics in seconds, completely for free.
  我们所要做的就是向Grammarly寻求头脑风暴的帮助，它会在几秒钟内生成一些主题，完全免费。

[06:46] As a reminder, we're not using this to write our paper for us, but it's simply giving us thought starters.
  提醒一下，我们不是用它来替我们写论文，它只是给我们提供一些想法的起点。

[06:52] I like this first one right here, so let's go ahead and choose that.
  我喜欢这个第一个，所以我们继续选择它。

[06:56] And then the next step is finding sources, but that can get very timeconuming.
  然后下一步是查找资料，但这可能非常耗时。

[06:59] Thankfully, Grammarly can even summarize articles, so we can extract the main points and weave them into our writing with ease.
  幸运的是，Grammarly甚至可以总结文章，所以我们可以轻松地提取要点并将它们融入我们的写作中。

[07:05] What I admire most about Grammarly is that
  我最欣赏Grammarly的一点是

[07:09] You're still in control of the writing.
  你仍然可以控制写作。

[07:11] It'll never write your essay for you, but rather steer you on the right path and polish your ideas.
  它永远不会替你写论文，而是引导你走上正确的道路，并润色你的想法。

[07:17] For example, with Grammarly Pro, we can rewrite run-on sentences to make them more clear, and we can also replace overused words so we don't sound repetitive.
  例如，使用 Grammarly Pro，我们可以重写冗长的句子，使它们更清晰，我们还可以替换用得过多的词语，这样我们就不会听起来重复。

[07:25] And if you're worried about using AI in school, there's a plagiarism in AI detector as well.
  如果你担心在学校使用人工智能，还有一个人工智能抄袭检测器。

[07:29] They even have Grammarly authorship which helps shows how much of your essay is AI typed, human written or AI assisted so you can have a transparent conversation with your professors.
  他们甚至还有 Grammarly 作者身份识别功能，可以显示你的论文中有多少是人工智能输入的、人类书写的还是人工智能辅助的，这样你就可以与你的教授进行坦诚的交流。

[07:39] Grammarly is a must have for all students.
  Grammarly 是所有学生的必备品。

[07:41] Sign up and upgrade to Grammarly Pro for 20% off using the link in my description.
  注册并升级到 Grammarly Pro，使用我描述中的链接可享受八折优惠。

[07:46] And now back to the video.
  现在回到视频。

[07:48] So tip number one for optimizing your workflow.
  所以，优化工作流程的第一条建议是。

[07:50] Capture the easy wins.
  抓住容易的胜利。

[07:53] Now picture the worst case scenario.
  现在想象一下最坏的情况。

[07:55] You're trembling at your desk on the verge of sleep exhaustion and you're 15 minutes away from going to bed.
  你坐在桌前颤抖，精疲力尽，离睡觉还有 15 分钟。

[08:00] Obviously, you're going to want to capture the easy points first.
  显然，你首先会想要抓住容易得分的点。

[08:01] These points usually come from mindless or repetitive tasks like creating flashcards, answering true false questions, labeling diagrams, or
  这些点通常来自无需动脑或重复性的任务，例如制作抽认卡、回答对错题、标记图表，或者

[08:10] Creating citations.
  创建引文。

[08:12] Now, the benefit of prioritizing tasks like these, especially while you're tired, is twofold.
  现在，优先处理这类任务的好处，尤其是在你疲惫的时候，是双重的。

[08:18] Yes, you're getting those easy points before you collapse, but you're also building up that momentum you might need to keep going.
  是的，你在精疲力竭之前就能拿到那些简单的分数，但你也在积蓄可能需要继续前进的动力。

[08:23] There's a good chance these quick wins actually help you feel more energized and earn more points in the long run.
  很有可能这些快速的胜利实际上能让你感觉更有活力，并在长远来看获得更多分数。

[08:29] And that brings me to tip number two.
  这就引出了我的第二个建议。

[08:31] Understand what to prioritize.
  了解要优先处理什么。

[08:33] Once you capture the easy wins, you need to think carefully about the remaining tasks.
  一旦你获得了轻松的胜利，就需要仔细考虑剩余的任务。

[08:37] A framework that I recommend is the Eisenhower matrix.
  我推荐的一个框架是艾森豪威尔矩阵。

[08:39] It's a 2x2 grid with the columns labeled urgent and not urgent and the rows labeled important and not important.
  它是一个2x2的网格，列标有紧急和不紧急，行标有重要和不重要。

[08:46] Tasks that are important and urgent, you do now.
  重要且紧急的任务，立即去做。

[08:48] Tasks that are important and not urgent, you reschedule.
  重要但不紧急的任务，重新安排时间。

[08:52] Tasks that are not important and urgent, you delegate.
  不重要但紧急的任务，委托他人处理。

[08:54] And tasks that are not important and not urgent, you delete.
  不重要也不紧急的任务，删除。

[08:59] So, first let's look at the tasks that we should do now.
  所以，首先让我们看看我们现在应该做的任务。

[09:01] Study for a calculus midterm tomorrow morning.
  为明天的微积分期中考试学习。

[09:02] Yep.
  是的。

[09:04] Finish a group project proposal due at midnight.
  完成午夜到期的团队项目提案。

[09:06] Yep.
  是的。

[09:07] And finalize outline for club presentation tomorrow.
  并为明天的社团演示文稿最终确定大纲。

[09:10] Also a yes.
  也是肯定的。

[09:10] Next, let's look at the kinds of tasks that we should
  接下来，让我们看看我们应该处理的任务类型

[09:11] Reschedule.
  重新安排。

[09:13] Research summer internship opportunities.
  研究暑期实习机会。

[09:15] Yes.
  是的。

[09:15] Prepare a study guide for biology exam next Thursday.
  为下周四的生物考试准备学习指南。

[09:17] Yes.
  是的。

[09:19] And schedule appointment with academic adviser for next month.
  并安排下个月与学术顾问的约会。

[09:21] Also.
  还有。

[09:21] Yes.
  是的。

[09:22] All right.
  好的。

[09:22] And then we have tasks to delegate.
  然后我们有需要委派的任务。

[09:24] This category is weird because it's not like you can hand off your homework to someone else.
  这个类别很奇怪，因为你不能把作业交给别人。

[09:26] Instead, most of these tasks will pertain to group projects or extracurriculars.
  相反，这些任务大多与小组项目或课外活动有关。

[09:29] For example, coordinate snacks and drinks for tomorrow's club meeting or find sources for group history project.
  例如，为明天的社团会议协调零食和饮料，或为小组历史项目寻找资料来源。

[09:34] And finally, we have tasks to delete.
  最后，我们有需要删除的任务。

[09:38] If you're in a time crunch, you should delete any tasks related to passive studying or system maintenance.
  如果你时间紧迫，应该删除任何与被动学习或系统维护相关的任务。

[09:41] Here's what I mean.
  我的意思是。

[09:44] Organize old class notes from last semester.
  整理上学期的旧课堂笔记。

[09:45] Yeah, we can delete that or maybe reschedule it.
  是的，我们可以删除它，或者重新安排。

[09:47] Re-watch yesterday's lecture recording.
  重新观看昨天的讲座录音。

[09:49] Yep, we can also remove that.
  是的，我们也可以删除它。

[09:50] All right.
  好的。

[09:52] And then tip number three, find the fun.
  然后是第三个技巧，寻找乐趣。

[09:55] We go through most of our work because we feel forced to complete it, not because we want to complete it.
  我们完成大部分工作是因为我们感到被迫去完成它，而不是因为我们想完成它。

[09:58] But if you can find a way to enjoy the work, you'll be much more compelled to follow through, even if you're tired.
  但如果你能找到一种享受工作的方式，你就会更有动力去完成它，即使你很累。

[10:04] One of my favorite ways to do so is by assuming the persona.
  我最喜欢的方法之一是扮演一个角色。

[10:06] Here's what I mean.
  我的意思是。

[10:07] If you're writing an English paper, imagine you're a Pulitzer Prizewinning author.
  如果你在写一篇英语论文，想象你是一位普利策奖获奖作家。

[10:09] If
  如果

[10:13] you're working on a biology lab report, imagine you're an esteemed researcher on the brink of a breakthrough.
  你正在写一份生物学实验报告，想象一下你是一位濒临突破的受人尊敬的研究员。

[10:18] Or if you're working on a calculus assignment, imagine you're a NASA engineer.
  或者，如果你在做微积分作业，想象一下你是一位 NASA 工程师。

[10:22] It sounds cheesy, I know, but it does help.
  我知道这听起来很俗气，但确实有帮助。

[10:24] Alternatively, you can gify your study session by rewarding yourself at specific checkpoints.
  或者，你可以在特定的检查点通过奖励自己来让学习过程变得有趣。

[10:30] For example, you can grab a snack or a drink every hour, or you can game for 15 minutes every 2 hours.
  例如，你可以每小时吃点零食或喝点东西，或者每两小时玩 15 分钟游戏。

[10:35] The rewards should scale with the amount of work, however.
  然而，奖励应该与工作量相匹配。

[10:37] In no world should you be watching a movie or a TV show for finishing an hour of work, for example.
  例如，绝不应该为了完成一小时的工作就去看电影或电视节目。

[10:42] Though you could reward yourself with the movie or TV show at the end of all your studying.
  不过，你可以在所有学习结束后，用看电影或电视节目来奖励自己。

[10:48] And finally, you can also find the fun by enhancing your study environment, either the place or the people.
  最后，你还可以通过改善你的学习环境，无论是地点还是人，来找到乐趣。

[10:54] You can enhance the place by studying somewhere new, like a library or a cafe.
  你可以通过在新的地方学习来改善环境，比如图书馆或咖啡馆。

[10:58] And you can enhance the people by finding a group to study with.
  你还可以通过找到一个学习小组来改善人际关系。

[11:00] In college, this was one of my favorite ways to study, even though it wasn't always the most productive.
  上大学时，这是我最喜欢的学习方式之一，尽管它并不总是最高效的。

[11:06] But I made it through many, many late nights by studying with my core friend group.
  但我通过和我的核心朋友圈一起学习，度过了许多许多个深夜。

[11:10] This is why studying in college can sometimes be more fun than studying
  这就是为什么大学里的学习有时会比学习更有趣

[11:14] In high school.
  高中时。

[11:16] Even though the classes get harder, you have access to far more locations and people to make these work sessions more enjoyable and productive.
  即使课程变得更难，你也可以接触到更多的地点和人，让这些工作会议更愉快、更有效率。

[11:22] Which leads me to my final tip.
  这引出了我的最后一个建议。

[11:24] Maintain the flow state.
  保持心流状态。

[11:27] The flow state is every student's best friend.
  心流状态是每个学生最好的朋友。

[11:29] It's when you're fully immersed in the task at hand, feeling like nothing else in the world matters.
  当你完全沉浸在手头的任务中时，感觉世界上其他任何事情都不重要了。

[11:32] Time will slow down, distractions will melt away, and most importantly, you'll fly through your work.
  时间会变慢，分心会消失，最重要的是，你会飞速完成你的工作。

[11:38] To maintain the flow state, we have to minimize the number of disruptions such as jumping between two dissimilar tasks.
  为了保持心流状态，我们必须尽量减少干扰，例如在两个不相似的任务之间切换。

[11:43] For example, jumping from a math packet to an English essay is bound to ruin your flow state because both require very different mindsets.
  例如，从数学练习册跳到英语论文会破坏你的心流状态，因为两者都需要非常不同的思维模式。

[11:52] The solution here is to batch your tasks.
  这里的解决方案是批量处理你的任务。

[11:54] Look at your to-do list and group tasks that require similar mindsets.
  看看你的待办事项列表，并将需要相似思维模式的任务分组。

[11:58] For example, you may batch tasks that require logical thinking, such as a calculus PEP or a chemistry lab report.
  例如，你可以批量处理需要逻辑思维的任务，比如微积分PEP或化学实验报告。

[12:04] And then you may bash tasks that require a bit more creative thinking, such as an English essay or even a history reading.
  然后，你可以批量处理需要更多创造性思维的任务，比如英语论文或历史阅读。

[12:10] Although you're still going to experience some sort of transition cost or distraction when jumping from task to
  尽管在从一个任务切换到另一个任务时，你仍然会经历某种过渡成本或分心，

[12:15] Task, that distraction will be much less pronounced if the tasks are batched.
  任务，如果将任务批量处理，这种干扰会小得多。

[12:19] And hopefully that makes it much easier to fly through your work and go to bed in time.
  希望这能让您更容易地高效完成工作并按时睡觉。

[12:25] Y'all, that does it for this week's video.
  各位，本周的视频就到这里了。

[12:27] Be sure to subscribe if you haven't already.
  如果您还没有订阅，请务必订阅。

[12:28] Join my Discord and newsletter for more study tips.
  加入我的 Discord 和新闻通讯，获取更多学习技巧。

[12:30] Rest up, get enough sleep, and I'll see you again next week.
  好好休息，保证充足睡眠，下周再见。
