# How To Set Goals For 2026 That You’ll Actually Follow Through On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU5Zcf7-n0U
Translation: zh-TW

[00:00] There's one thing you can do if you don't want next year to repeat what happened to you in 2025, and that is to change the way you plan for goals and execute on them.
  如果你不想明年重蹈2025年发生在你身上的事情的覆辙，你可以做一件事，那就是改变你规划目标和执行目标的方式。

[00:08] Today, we're going to break down how to make 2026 your best year yet.
  今天，我们将分解如何让2026年成为你最好的一年。

[00:16] How do you set your goals so you actually achieve them this year?
  你如何设定目标才能在今年真正实现它们？

[00:19] I'm going to give you guys my step-by-step process that I've been doing for 15 years so you can steal my homework.
  我将给大家我的循序渐进的过程，我做了15年，这样你们就可以借鉴我的方法。

[00:23] Because like TS Elliott said, only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.
  因为正如T.S.艾略特所说，只有那些敢于冒险走得太远的人，才可能发现自己能走多远。

[00:30] I always think about this line that Dave Chappelle said, at any given moment, the one with the bigger dream wins.
  我总是想起戴夫·查普尔说过的一句话，在任何时刻，拥有更大梦想的人都会赢。

[00:36] And then he talked about this story where he always tries to control the dream.
  然后他讲了一个故事，他总是试图控制梦想。

[00:40] And he said, I am a very powerful dreamer.
  他说，我是一个非常有力量的梦想家。

[00:42] But I think the trick to that is you actually got to know what you want.
  但我想，诀窍在于你必须知道自己想要什么。

[00:46] Otherwise, you will be in somebody else's dream.
  否则，你就会活在别人的梦想里。

[00:48] And so this big goal that you have today, if you don't take the right steps to hit it, you will never have the life that you want.
  所以，你今天拥有的这个大目标，如果你不采取正确的步骤去实现它，你将永远无法拥有你想要的生活。

[00:57] You will be living in a series of like may,
  你将活在一系列像可能，

[01:01] living in a series of like may, potentially, coulds, should haves, and potentially, coulds, should haves, and never actually achieved.
  生活在一系列可能、潜在的、可以的、应该的、以及可能、可以的、应该的，但从未真正实现的状况中。

[01:06] But my goal is never actually achieved.
  但我的目标从未真正实现。

[01:06] But my goal is that you steal my homework today and you don't live anywhere near that.
  但我的目标是你们今天偷我的作业，并且你们的生活离那里远远的。

[01:10] There's a couple concepts I want you to steal today.
  有几个概念我想让你们今天偷走。

[01:12] One, I call the goal gravity.
  第一，我称之为目标引力。

[01:15] So this is the force that pulls everything in your business and life towards whatever your target is because your goal actually means nothing if your habits stay the same.
  所以，这是将你生意和生活中的一切拉向你目标的力，因为如果你的习惯不变，你的目标就毫无意义。

[01:22] And so you can't have first of all small goals like TS Elliott said you need a big goal because that allows your priorities to sharpen and allows you even if you miss and you probably will you land somewhere you couldn't have reached playing it small.
  所以，首先你不能有小目标，就像T.S.艾略特说的，你需要一个大目标，因为这能让你的优先事项变得清晰，并且即使你错过了，而你很可能会错过，你也会落在某个你玩小目标时无法达到的地方。

[01:37] So, I want you to think about your goal as this big huge planet that's just pulling all of these things to it because the gravitational pull is so dramatic.
  所以，我想让你把你的目标想象成这个巨大的行星，它正将所有这些东西拉向它，因为引力如此之大。

[01:46] If you want to achieve something really tiny, you're never going to have the gravity to do it.
  如果你想实现一些非常微小的事情，你永远不会有足够的引力去做到。

[01:49] So, write down a goal, but make it big.
  所以，写下一个目标，但要让它变得宏大。

[01:53] That's one.
  这是第一点。

[01:53] Then, a lot of times I realize you have to actually change your mindset to hit that goal.
  然后，很多时候我意识到你必须真正改变你的心态才能实现那个目标。

[01:59] That it's actually scary to write down those big, huge, over-the-top things that most
  写下那些宏大、巨大、过分的想法，这实际上是令人害怕的，而大多数人

[02:03] huge, over-the-top things that most people will tell you you will never be able to achieve.
  大多數人會告訴你，你永遠無法實現那些宏大、誇張的事情。

[02:07] And so the fork in the road is that most people never go big and they do what I call exploitation instead of exploration.
  所以人生的岔路口在於，大多數人從不去追求宏大的目標，而是做我所謂的剝削，而不是探索。

[02:14] So exploitation is when you just kind of keep repeating what already works.
  所以剝削就是當你不斷重複那些已經奏效的事情。

[02:18] You iterate a little bit better, a little bit better, a little bit better until your life kind of looks like everybody else's because you've never done something really, really big.
  你稍微改進一點，再改進一點，再改進一點，直到你的生活看起來和別人都差不多，因為你從未做過真正、真正偉大的事情。

[02:26] You've just exploited the status quo.
  你只是剝削了現狀。

[02:27] Exploration is you only obsess on what might work that you've never done before.
  探索是你只專注於那些你從未做過、但可能奏效的事情。

[02:34] you explore the unexplored.
  你探索未知的領域。

[02:36] Both have utility, but the catch is exploitation just gets you efficiency a little bit better.
  兩者都有用處，但關鍵在於剝削只能讓你稍微提高效率。

[02:42] Exploration is where you get breakthroughs.
  探索是讓你獲得突破的地方。

[02:43] And so right now almost everything, schools, jobs, nudge us towards being better explos, right?
  所以現在幾乎所有事物，學校、工作，都在推動我們變得更擅長剝削，對吧？

[02:51] Like memorize the right answer, optimize for what's worked before, don't question the playbook, definitely don't risk looking dumb.
  像是記住正確答案，優化那些過去有效的方法，不要質疑規則，絕對不要冒著看起來愚蠢的風險。

[02:54] And so they're trying to get you to refine but not rethink.
  所以他們試圖讓你改進，而不是重新思考。

[02:58] And that's okay until you realize your whole business or life is built on habits.
  這沒關係，直到你意識到你的整個事業或生活都建立在習慣之上。

[03:04] Business or life is built on habits.
  商業或生活建立在習慣之上。

[03:04] You stopped questioning years ago.
  你幾年前就停止質疑了。

[03:06] And right now, I think the world is full of exploiters.
  而現在，我認為這個世界充滿了剝削者。

[03:08] And so, we have to get you to actually become one of the few explorers if you want to live a life that most people will only ever dream of.
  因此，我們必須讓你真正成為少數探險家之一，如果你想過上大多數人只能夢想的生活。

[03:16] And this is the time to do it right now towards the end of the year.
  而現在正是時候，在年底前。

[03:20] So, I thought I'd tell you how I set my huge goals.
  所以，我想我會告訴你我是如何設定我的宏大目標的。

[03:22] And then I'm going to give you tricks from the biggest goal setters in the world that I have learned and implemented in my life.
  然後我將給你一些我從世界上最偉大的目標設定者那裡學到並在我生活中實施的技巧。

[03:27] And it kind of starts with this five-step process.
  它有點像是從這個五步驟的過程開始。

[03:29] So I've done this for god 15 years now.
  我已經這樣做了將近15年了。

[03:31] Step one, I have learned to use the words impossible with the greatest caution.
  第一步，我學會了要非常謹慎地使用「不可能」這個詞。

[03:38] This is actually von Bronn who said that.
  這其實是馮·布朗說的。

[03:40] And I like to steal from my first step this idea from Jeff Bezos which is called regret minimization.
  而我喜歡從我的第一步中借用傑夫·貝佐斯的「後悔最小化」這個想法。

[03:48] And how do you do that?
  你該怎麼做呢？

[03:49] So regret minimization means that Bezos didn't set annual goals early on.
  所以後悔最小化意味著貝佐斯早期並沒有設定年度目標。

[03:52] He set irreversible direction goals.
  他設定了不可逆轉方向的目標。

[03:54] So what does that mean?
  那這意味著什麼？

[03:58] In 1994, he used what became known as this framework I'm going to tell you.
  在1994年，他使用了後來被稱為我將要告訴你的這個框架。

[04:00] And he said, every time he
  他說，每一次他

[04:04] to tell you.
  告訴你。

[04:06] And he said, every time he thinks about a goal, he asks himself,
  他說，每次他想到一個目標，他都會問自己，

[04:09] when I am 80, will I regret not trying this?
  我80歲的時候，會不會後悔沒有嘗試這個？

[04:11] His goal wasn't, I want to make a million dollars.
  他的目標不是，我想賺一百萬美元。

[04:13] I want to build a company. I want to do a startup. It was,
  我想建立一家公司。我想創辦一家新創公司。而是，

[04:16] I want to build the world's most customer centric company in the world.
  我想建立世界上最以客戶為中心的公司的。

[04:18] I want to be the fittest person ever at 40.
  我想成為40歲時最健康的人。

[04:24] something that at 80 you will regret if you do not try.
  這是在80歲時你會後悔沒有嘗試的事情。

[04:27] That makes everything else sort of a branch on a tree.
  這使得其他一切都像是樹上的分支。

[04:30] Right?
  對吧？

[04:32] So your first question in goal setting is like what will you regret?
  所以你在設定目標時的第一個問題是，你會後悔什麼？

[04:34] Not what do you want but what will your soul scream at you for not having tried.
  不是你想要什麼，而是你的靈魂會因為你沒有嘗試而對你尖叫什麼。

[04:38] The second thing I do is I say uh every year has a name.
  我做的第二件事是，我說呃，每一年都有一個名字。

[04:40] So if you go back through my my actual goal journal every year I name my year first because I think names are really powerful and if you name it you can frame it.
  所以如果你回顧我的實際目標日記，我每年都會先給我的年份命名，因為我認為名字非常強大，如果你給它命名，你就可以框定它。

[04:43] And if you frame it, then you can actually achieve it.
  如果你框定了它，那麼你就可以真正實現它。

[04:45] And so, for instance, I wrote down some of them for you.
  所以，舉個例子，我為你寫下了一些。

[04:49] And I'll actually I'll show you what it looks like here.
  我實際上會在這裡向你展示它看起來是什麼樣子。

[04:51] Uh 2024 I called my full send year.
  呃，2024年我稱之為我的全力以赴年。

[04:52] And after I
  在我之後

[05:06] called my full send year.
  稱之為我全力以赴的一年。

[05:08] And after I write a name for my year, I write a sentence on it, which is what I think you should do next.
  在我為我的年度寫下一個名字後，我會寫一句話，這就是我認為你接下來應該做的事。

[05:11] So that year for me, it was the year I fully send it on being myself, taking big swings, on periods of sprints and rests, and doing it my way with joy and fun and brilliance.
  所以對我來說，那一年是我全力以赴做自己的那一年，勇於嘗試，在衝刺和休息的時期，並以我的方式快樂、有趣、閃耀地去做。

[05:22] So what is your year in 2025?
  那麼你2025年是什麼樣的一年呢？

[05:26] Uh this year was the year of flow and that was more of what we want less of what we don't.
  呃，今年是順流的一年，這更多的是我們想要的東西，而不是我們不想要的。

[05:30] So in the past you know I had written down these are my words.
  所以過去，你知道我曾寫下這些是我的話。

[05:33] It was kind of fun to look at them today.
  今天看著它們感覺有點有趣。

[05:34] In the past I had listened to too many others.
  過去我聽了太多別人的意見。

[05:37] I'd done all the work myself.
  我做了所有的工作。

[05:38] I hadn't given the hard feedback in the moment.
  我沒有在當下給予嚴厲的回饋。

[05:40] I'd been the one pushed and shephering everyone.
  我一直是那個被推著、照顧著所有人的人。

[05:44] And this year I said no more.
  而今年我說夠了。

[05:46] Now I am the one who gets to receive and have others push for me.
  現在我將是那個可以接受並讓別人為我努力的人。

[05:47] I'm no longer at a fight or flight and instead able to conduct the orchestra without playing every instrument.
  我不再處於戰鬥或逃跑的狀態，而是能夠指揮樂團，而無需演奏每一個樂器。

[05:52] So 2025 was my year of pros and flow.
  所以2025年是我的專業人士和順流的一年。

[05:56] And you saw that probably in my business.
  你可能在我的生意中看到了這一點。

[05:59] I hired a bunch of pros to do things that I was doing every single aspect of it before and it was feeling like a little bit too much.
  我僱了一群專業人士來做我以前做過的每一個方面的事情，感覺有點太多了。

[06:07] feeling like a little bit too much.
  感覺有點太多了。

[06:08] The year before that I was okay with it.
  前一年我對此還好。

[06:08] I year before that I was okay with it.
  前一年我對此還好。

[06:10] I needed to do it all because I was fully sending it.
  我需要做這一切，因為我全力以赴。

[06:10] needed to do it all because I was fully sending it.
  需要做這一切，因為我全力以赴。

[06:12] So this year for you, what is your year?
  所以今年對你來說，你的年度是什麼？

[06:12] sending it.
  全力以赴。

[06:14] So this year for you, what is your year?
  所以今年對你來說，你的年度是什麼？

[06:14] Name it.
  說出你的年度。

[06:16] Tell us in the comments.
  在評論中告訴我們。

[06:16] What is one sentence example of how you want to see that year for you?
  用一句話舉例說明你希望你的年度是什麼樣子？

[06:18] you?
  你？

[06:20] Then I like to steal this idea from Elon Musk for my third one.
  然後我喜歡從伊隆·馬斯克那裡借用這個想法作為我的第三點。

[06:22] He calls it first principles and backwards timelines.
  他稱之為第一原理和反向時間線。

[06:24] So here's how he sets his goals.
  這就是他設定目標的方式。

[06:27] timelines.
  時間線。

[06:27] So here's how he sets his goals.
  這就是他設定目標的方式。

[06:29] Musk starts with what physics says is possible, not what society believes.
  馬斯克從物理學認為可能的事情開始，而不是社會的信念。

[06:32] And I love this.
  我喜歡這個。

[06:35] I say to my company right now, too, somebody will come to me and they'll say, "Hey, we can't do XYZ."
  我現在也對我的公司說，有人會來找我，他們會說：“嘿，我們做不了 XYZ。”

[06:36] And I'll say, "Hold on.
  我會說：“等等。

[06:37] I hate that word can't, by the way.
  順帶一提，我討厭“不能”這個詞。

[06:39] Be careful if you ever say can't to yourself."
  如果你對自己說“不能”，要小心。

[06:41] And I'll say, "By can't, do you mean is it physically impossible, aka against the laws of physics?
  我會說：“說到‘不能’，你的意思是它在物理上是不可能的，也就是違反了物理定律嗎？

[06:42] Is it illegal to do it, aka you'd go to jail, or is it contractually obligated you don't do it?
  做這件事是非法的，也就是你會去坐牢，還是合同規定你不能做？

[06:44] Otherwise, that's just a preference or a resource issue."
  否則，那只是偏好或資源問題。”

[06:47] Can't only means it's illegal, it's physically impossible, or it is against some sort of contractual terms we have written
  ‘不能’只意味著它是非法的，在物理上是不可能的，或者它違反了我們書寫的某些合同條款

[06:49] illegal to do it, aka you'd go to jail, or is it contractually obligated you don't do it?
  做這件事是非法的，也就是你會去坐牢，還是合同規定你不能做？

[06:52] or is it contractually obligated you don't do it?
  還是合同規定你不能做？

[06:56] Otherwise, that's just a preference or a resource issue."
  否則，那只是偏好或資源問題。”

[06:58] Can't only means it's illegal, it's physically impossible, or it is against some sort of contractual terms we have written
  ‘不能’只意味著它是非法的，在物理上是不可能的，或者它違反了我們書寫的某些合同條款

[07:01] preference or a resource issue."
  偏好或資源問題。”

[07:03] Can't only means it's illegal, it's physically impossible, or it is against some sort of contractual terms we have written
  ‘不能’只意味著它是非法的，在物理上是不可能的，或者它違反了我們書寫的某些合同條款

[07:04] impossible, or it is against some sort of contractual terms we have written
  不可能，或者它違反了我們書寫的某些合同條款

[07:07] of contractual terms we have written down in ink or blood.
  合同条款，我们用墨水或鲜血写下。

[07:09] And if it is not down in ink or blood.
  如果不是用墨水或鲜血写下。

[07:09] And if it is not those three things, then can't's not the right word.
  如果不是这三件事，那么“不能”就不是正确的词。

[07:11] those three things, then can't's not the right word.
  这三件事，那么“不能”就不是正确的词。

[07:13] Choosing not to could be the right word, but it's not can't.
  选择不去做可以是正确的说法，但它不是“不能”。

[07:16] And so Musk starts with physics.
  所以马斯克从物理学开始。

[07:18] That is first principle.
  那是第一性原理。

[07:18] Then he sets a target outcome.
  然后他设定一个目标结果。

[07:20] principle.
  原理。

[07:20] Then he sets a target outcome.
  然后他设定一个目标结果。

[07:23] So he would say that reverse engineers every dependency backward to present.
  所以他说他会逆向工程每一个依赖关系，一直追溯到当下。

[07:26] engineers every dependency backward to present.
  工程学的每一个依赖关系，一直追溯到当下。

[07:26] Meaning if he says I want to take a rocket to go to the moon.
  意思是如果他说我想乘坐火箭去月球。

[07:29] Meaning if he says I want to take a rocket to go to the moon.
  意思是如果他说我想乘坐火箭去月球。

[07:29] I want to make life multi-planetary as he would say, then he would map, okay, I need rockets.
  我想让生命成为多行星物种，正如他会说的，然后他会规划，好的，我需要火箭。

[07:32] take a rocket to go to the moon.
  乘坐火箭去月球。

[07:32] I want to make life multi-planetary as he would say, then he would map, okay, I need rockets.
  我想让生命成为多行星物种，正如他会说的，然后他会规划，好的，我需要火箭。

[07:35] to make life multi-planetary as he would say, then he would map, okay, I need rockets.
  让生命成为多行星物种，正如他会说的，然后他会规划，好的，我需要火箭。

[07:37] say, then he would map, okay, I need rockets.
  说，然后他会规划，好的，我需要火箭。

[07:37] Then I might need reusable ones because it'd be way too expensive if we're not reusing them.
  然后我可能需要可重复使用的火箭，因为如果我们不重复使用它们，成本会非常高。

[07:39] rockets.
  火箭。

[07:39] Then I might need reusable ones because it'd be way too expensive if we're not reusing them.
  然后我可能需要可重复使用的火箭，因为如果我们不重复使用它们，成本会非常高。

[07:41] because it'd be way too expensive if we're not reusing them.
  因为如果我们不重复使用它们，成本会非常高。

[07:41] I need to land that rocket if I want to reuse it, which means that I need to cut costs, which means I need to manufacture these bad things, which means I need this much capital or money.
  如果我想重复使用它，我需要让火箭着陆，这意味着我需要降低成本，这意味着我需要制造这些东西，这意味着我需要这么多资本或金钱。

[07:43] we're not reusing them.
  我们不重复使用它们。

[07:43] I need to land that rocket if I want to reuse it, which means that I need to cut costs, which means I need to manufacture these bad things, which means I need this much capital or money.
  如果我想重复使用它，我需要让火箭着陆，这意味着我需要降低成本，这意味着我需要制造这些东西，这意味着我需要这么多资本或金钱。

[07:45] means that I need to cut costs, which means I need to manufacture these bad things, which means I need this much capital or money.
  意味着我需要降低成本，这意味着我需要制造这些东西，这意味着我需要这么多资本或金钱。

[07:47] means I need to manufacture these bad things, which means I need this much capital or money.
  意味着我需要制造这些东西，这意味着我需要这么多资本或金钱。

[07:49] things, which means I need this much capital or money.
  东西，这意味着我需要这么多资本或金钱。

[07:49] So he turned the biggest goal multilanetary into the first constraint.
  所以他把最大的目标——多行星化——变成了第一个约束。

[07:51] capital or money.
  资本或金钱。

[07:51] So he turned the biggest goal multilanetary into the first constraint.
  所以他把最大的目标——多行星化——变成了第一个约束。

[07:54] So he turned the biggest goal multilanetary into the first constraint.
  所以他把最大的目标——多行星化——变成了第一个约束。

[07:57] biggest goal multilanetary into the first constraint.
  最大的目标多行星化变成了第一个约束。

[07:57] Now, how do you do this for you?
  现在，你如何为你自己做到这一点？

[07:59] first constraint.
  第一个约束。

[07:59] Now, how do you do this for you?
  现在，你如何为你自己做到这一点？

[08:01] this for you?
  为你自己？

[08:01] I would do the same thing.
  我会做同样的事情。

[08:01] First principles, let's say it's I want to make a million dollars this year.
  第一性原理，假设我想今年赚一百万美元。

[08:05] First principles, let's say it's I want to make a million dollars this year.
  第一性原理，假设我想今年赚一百万美元。

[08:07] to make a million dollars this year.
  今年赚一百万美元。

[08:09] I would say, okay, maybe that's big enough, maybe it's not.
  我会说，好吧，也许这足够大了，也许不够。

[08:11] But first principles, I want to free my family financially from ever having to work again.
  但首先，我想让我的家人在经济上摆脱再次工作的束缚。

[08:15] Maybe that's a million.
  也许是一百万。

[08:16] Maybe that's 10 million.
  也许是一千万。

[08:18] Okay, now work backwards.
  好的，现在倒推。

[08:21] Well, how much money do I need?
  那么，我需要多少钱？

[08:23] How much money do I spend?
  我花多少钱？

[08:25] What is my skill stack?
  我的技能组合是什么？

[08:28] How long would it take me to get there?
  我需要多长时间才能到达那里？

[08:30] Could I do it faster?
  我能更快地做到吗？

[08:32] What mechanisms are real to get there?
  有什么实际的方法可以达到那里？

[08:33] Instead of just telling me what you want, why don't you telling me what is the path to get the thing that you want?
  与其告诉我你想要什么，不如告诉我你想要的东西的路径是什么？

[08:37] Then I'm going to make you tell me what are you willing to sacrifice to get it.
  然后我会让你告诉我你愿意牺牲什么来得到它。

[08:40] Here's the truth about owning a business.
  关于拥有企业，真相是这样的。

[08:41] You work hard to build something real.
  你努力工作来建立一些真实的东西。

[08:43] But without the right insurance, one accident or mistake can cost you weeks of headaches, lost revenue, and sleepless nights.
  但如果没有适当的保险，一次意外或错误可能会让你头痛数周，损失收入，并让你夜不能寐。

[08:49] Next Insurance gives small business owners instant online coverage so you can protect what you've built.
  Next Insurance 为小企业主提供即时在线保障，让您可以保护您所建立的一切。

[08:54] No long forms, no overpriced policies, no waiting around, just fast, simple protection designed for your business.
  没有冗长的表格，没有价格过高的保单，没有漫长的等待，只有为您的企业量身定制的快速、简单的保障。

[09:00] Policies start at 29 bucks a month and you get an instant certificate of insurance so you can win bigger contracts and operate like a true pro.
  保单每月 29 美元起，您将获得即时保险证明，从而赢得更大的合同，像专业人士一样运营。

[09:07] So whether you're a creator, contractor,
  所以，无论您是创作者、承包商，

[09:09] So whether you're a creator, contractor, consultant, or main street operator, consultant, or main street operator, Next keeps you covered because risk comes with ownership.
  因此，无论您是创作者、承包商、顾问还是街头商户，街头商户，Next 都能为您提供保障，因为风险伴随着所有权。

[09:15] But getting protected shouldn't be one of them.
  但获得保护不应该是其中之一。

[09:17] Check out next insurance.com/cody and protect what you've built today.
  请访问 next insurance.com/cody，保护您今天建立的一切。

[09:21] And so let's talk about how I do these goals in my life.
  那么，让我们谈谈我如何在生活中实现这些目标。

[09:23] I like to categorize them.
  我喜欢对它们进行分类。

[09:26] I'm not so unidirectional as Elon Musk where I'm like multilanetary or die.
  我不像埃隆·马斯克那样目标单一，非要实现多行星生存不可。

[09:30] I have a couple that are important to me.
  我有几个对我来说很重要。

[09:32] My first one is always my relationship.
  我的第一个目标始终是我的感情关系。

[09:34] So this is literally what some of mine were last year.
  所以这确实是我去年的一些目标。

[09:36] It was we're happy and we argue well.
  那就是我们很开心，并且我们能好好争吵。

[09:38] I think it's ridiculous to think you're not going to argue.
  我认为认为自己不会争吵是荒谬的。

[09:40] Just learn to argue fairly.
  学会公平地争吵就好。

[09:41] Walk.
  散步。

[09:44] I want to go on a walk every day together.
  我希望我们每天一起去散步。

[09:45] I think that's like a beautiful moment that we have.
  我认为那是我们拥有的一个美好的时刻。

[09:47] I want to have quote unquote our version of work life balance which means we live in Austin for most of the year and we have a house by the water and we can go there in aggregate for two to three months a year.
  我希望拥有我们所谓的“工作生活平衡”版本，这意味着我们一年中的大部分时间都住在奥斯汀，并且我们在水边有一栋房子，我们可以每年在那里总共待两到三个月。

[09:58] Then work that's the second most important to me after my relationship.
  然后是工作，这仅次于我的感情关系，是我第二重要的。

[10:00] That means I want to hit a certain revenue target.
  这意味着我想达到一定的收入目标。

[10:01] It means this podcast. I wanted that to become a top 50 podcast in the world.
  这意味着这个播客。我希望它成为全球排名前 50 的播客。

[10:06] By the way, yeah, we did it.
  顺便说一句，是的，我们做到了。

[10:08] I wanted to have a
  我想要有一个

[10:11] yeah, we did it.
  是的，我们做到了。

[10:11] I wanted to have a bestselling book.
  我想写一本畅销书。

[10:13] Uh, I literally wrote bestselling book.
  呃，我真的写了一本畅销书。

[10:15] Uh, I literally wrote down a book that is a New York Times bestseller and I sell a million copies
  呃，我真的写了一本《纽约时报》畅销书，我卖出了一百万册

[10:16] bestseller and I sell a million copies and have a soldout launch date in person
  畅销书，我卖出了一百万册，并且有一个现场的售罄发布会

[10:19] and have a soldout launch date in person with 200k people signed up.
  并且有一个现场的售罄发布会，有20万人报名参加。

[10:21] And you know what else happened?
  你知道还发生了什么吗？

[10:23] We did it.
  我们做到了。

[10:25] And so you write them down and it's fun to go look back and see what you did or
  所以你把它们写下来，回顾看看你做了什么或者

[10:26] didn't uh travel.
  没有去旅行，很有趣。

[10:28] You know, I said I want to live somewhere with a view of the ocean for one to three months.
  你知道，我说我想住在海景房一到三个月。

[10:29] I did that in aggregate.
  我总共做到了。

[10:31] I wanted to go on a bucket list trip.
  我想去完成一次遗愿清单上的旅行。

[10:33] We did.
  我们做到了。

[10:35] We went Nicaragua uh surfing.
  我们去了尼加拉瓜冲浪。

[10:37] I wanted to tour around the country creating a movement.
  我想在全国巡演，创造一股运动。

[10:39] We did that with Main Street Millionaire.
  我们通过“Main Street Millionaire”做到了。

[10:40] And then I think you should have some fun in life.
  然后我觉得你应该在生活中找点乐子。

[10:42] So my last category is fun.
  所以我的最后一个类别是乐趣。

[10:43] And so for me that might be some silly things.
  对我来说，那可能是一些傻事。

[10:45] Even I wanted to feel more sexy and feminine.
  甚至我都想感觉更性感、更有女人味。

[10:47] Look at the shoulder.
  看看肩膀。

[10:47] See?
  看到了吗？

[10:49] Look at that.
  看看那个。

[10:51] Nailing it.
  做得很好。

[10:54] Uh I wanted to um play with makeup and hair.
  呃，我想玩玩化妆和发型。

[10:56] I've actually never cared about any of this stuff.
  我实际上从来不在乎这些东西。

[10:58] Uh but I thought I was like maybe becoming a bit too masculine.
  呃，但我想我可能变得有点太男性化了。

[11:00] So I thought let's get back into this feminine nature.
  所以我想，让我们回归这种女性特质吧。

[11:01] I wanted to be sleeping really well and wake up happy and refreshed and not
  我想睡个好觉，醒来时感到快乐、精力充沛，而不是

[11:02] anxious and thrilled with my life.
  焦虑，并对我的生活感到兴奋。

[11:04] which means that I drink less now cuz red wine
  这意味着我现在喝得少了，因为红酒

[11:11] means that I drink less now cuz red wine makes me crazy.
  這意味著我現在喝得少了，因為紅酒讓我瘋狂。

[11:12] I don't know about you guys.
  我不知道你們。

[11:13] Tell me in the comments.
  在評論區告訴我。

[11:16] I love it, but I don't sleep well.
  我喜歡它，但睡不好。

[11:17] And then um and then I really wanted to focus on my my enjoying the journey.
  然後嗯然後我真的很想專注於我享受旅程。

[11:20] You know, I don't know if you ever feel like you've achieved some of the things you want in life, but you don't enjoy the journey to achievement.
  你知道，我不知道你是否曾經覺得你實現了一些你想要的東西，但你不享受通往成功的旅程。

[11:24] I didn't like that.
  我不喜歡那樣。

[11:26] So, I was like, I want to be really happy.
  所以，我當時想，我想要非常快樂。

[11:27] I want to feel like I have so much to accomplish, but I'm enjoying it and thankful for it.
  我想感覺我有很多事情要完成，但我卻享受其中並心存感激。

[11:30] Okay.
  好的。

[11:33] So, now you've got your buckets.
  所以，現在你有你的桶了。

[11:34] I like having three to five.
  我喜歡有三到五個。

[11:36] That's all I allow.
  這是我允許的全部。

[11:38] The next thing though, you got to figure out what are the things you want to say no to.
  接下來，你必須弄清楚你想拒絕的事情是什麼。

[11:40] Say no to the things that aren't a yes.
  對那些不是肯定的事情說不。

[11:42] That was really big for me.
  這對我來說意義重大。

[11:44] And so my say no list included like things I wouldn't do with my mindset and things I wouldn't do with my health,
  所以我的拒絕清單包括我不會用我的心態去做的事情，以及我不會用我的健康去做的事情，

[11:49] which comes back to health being no more alcohol.
  這又回到了健康，不再飲酒。

[11:50] I didn't nail that one, you guys.
  我沒有做好這一點，各位。

[11:53] I didn't nail it.
  我沒有做好。

[11:54] If you follow me on the internet, you probably know that.
  如果你在網路上追蹤我，你大概知道這件事。

[11:56] I said I wanted to do hard 75 again.
  我說我想再做一次 Hard 75。

[11:57] Also did not nail that.
  這個也沒有做好。

[12:00] And then I wanted no more bread or processed food.
  然後我想要不再吃麵包或加工食品。

[12:01] And that, my friends, that's the tragedy.
  而這，我的朋友們，這就是悲劇。

[12:03] That has absolutely not been accomplished.
  這絕對沒有完成。

[12:05] So, okay, didn't nail all my goals last year, but I nailed more of
  所以，好的，去年沒有實現我所有的目標，但我實現了更多

[12:11] my goals last year, but I nailed more of them than I did before.
  我去年設定的目標，但我實現的目標比以前更多。

[12:13] Then I write a more of less of list.
  然後我寫了一份「多做少做」清單。

[12:16] What does this mean?
  這意味著什麼？

[12:18] Well, every year I want to talk about the things that I loved that I did and the things that I wish like I would like a little bit of less of that.
  嗯，每年我都想談談我喜歡做的事情，以及我希望少做一點的事情。

[12:22] And so Warren Buffett kind of famously did this another way.
  所以，華倫·巴菲特以另一種著名的方式做了這件事。

[12:24] He called it the anti-goal method.
  他稱之為「反目標法」。

[12:25] So, how he sets goals is he uses a a 525 rule, which is he would say to you, write 25 long-term goals, circle the top five of yours and avoid the other 20 at all costs.
  所以，他設定目標的方式是使用一個「5-25法則」，也就是他會跟你說，寫下 25 個長期目標，圈出最重要的五個，並盡一切可能避免那另外 20 個。

[12:39] And he believes that more goals equal more failure.
  他認為目標越多，失敗就越多。

[12:41] And I love this story.
  我喜歡這個故事。

[12:44] Um, you know, he was talking about his pilot, uh, and his pilot was saying all these things that he wanted to accomplish this year.
  嗯，你知道，他當時在談論他的飛行員，嗯，他的飛行員說了很多他今年想完成的事情。

[12:49] And, uh, Buffett had him do this.
  然後，嗯，巴菲特讓他這麼做。

[12:52] He said, "Write down these 25, circle the top five."
  他說：「寫下這 25 個，圈出最重要的五個。」

[12:55] And he was saying, "Okay, well, how are you going to choose which one of these to do next?"
  然後他說：「好吧，那麼你打算怎麼選擇接下來要做哪一個？」

[12:58] And the pilot said, "Well, I'm going to do this one, this one, this one."
  飛行員說：「嗯，我要做這個，這個，這個。」

[12:59] And he just took a big pen and just xed out all 20 of his goals that weren't in the top five.
  然後他拿起一支大筆，就把那 20 個不在前五名的目標都劃掉了。

[13:04] And said, "If you're actually serious about the top five, you have to be completely relentless of cutting the bottom 20."
  然後說：「如果你真的對這前五名目標是認真的，你必須毫不留情地刪除那底下的 20 個。」

[13:12] relentless of cutting the bottom 20.
  無情地削減底部 20%。

[13:12] This is called ruthless focus.
  這被稱為無情的專注。

[13:14] So, every year I write a list of things I want more of in the year and a list of things that I want less of because the truth of the matter is you can't keep adding always.
  所以，我每年都會列出我希望在新的一年裡增加的事物清單，以及我希望減少的事物清單，因為事實是，你不能總是持續增加。

[13:21] The world requires subtraction.
  世界需要減法。

[13:23] This last year, some of mine were less respect seeking.
  去年，我的一些目標是減少尋求尊重。

[13:26] You know, you try to get people to respect you who you honestly don't respect at all.
  你知道，你試圖讓那些你根本不尊重的人尊重你。

[13:30] You know, you get upset when somebody belittles your accomplishment.
  你知道，當有人貶低你的成就時，你會感到沮喪。

[13:35] Silly partnership deals.
  愚蠢的合作夥伴關係交易。

[13:37] I wanted less of those this year.
  今年我希望減少這些。

[13:39] Like last year, I did really, really two bad partnership deals.
  就像去年一樣，我做了兩個非常非常糟糕的合作夥伴關係交易。

[13:41] They cost me seven figures and time.
  它們花了我七位數的金額和時間。

[13:43] And I was like, I am so tired of being a workhorse for somebody else's reward.
  我當時想，我厭倦了為別人的回報而辛勤工作。

[13:48] So, no new friends if they want partnerships.
  所以，如果他們想要合作夥伴關係，就沒有新朋友了。

[13:50] And then chosen struggle like do you ever feel like you get off on hard things being the way you know this year I was like no no no I want to see what it's like to paddle with not against the current.
  然後選擇掙扎，你是否覺得你喜歡困難的事情，你知道今年我說不不不，我想看看順流而下的感覺，而不是逆流而上。

[14:00] So those are my less of what are yours then my more of it's like I want to be more feminine.
  所以這些是我減少的，你的呢？然後我增加的是，我希望更有女人味。

[14:04] I want to take big swings.
  我想大膽嘗試。

[14:07] You know I I really focused
  你知道我我真的專注於

[14:12] big swings.
  大摆动。

[14:15] You know I I really focused on the fact that I was going to try a few more big swings and sprints and then rests and then fun.
  你知道我我真的专注于我将尝试更多的大摆动和冲刺，然后休息，然后玩乐的事实。

[14:20] I talk a lot about serious things. money, ownership, saving our country, but I want to focus on the fact that we can have fun while we're doing it.
  我谈论很多严肃的事情。金钱、所有权、拯救我们的国家，但我想专注于我们可以在做这些事情的同时玩乐的事实。

[14:27] And so, like some small things here, even at the company this week, uh we had this big event.
  所以，就像这里的一些小事情，甚至在本周的公司里，呃，我们有一个大型活动。

[14:31] We had top tier attendance.
  我们有顶级出席率。

[14:32] And so, I was like, "How about attendee award?"
  所以，我就像，“出席者奖怎么样？”

[14:34] Well, really, Chris came up with the attendee award because we all know my husband's funnier than I am.
  嗯，实际上，克里斯想出了出席者奖，因为我们都知道我丈夫比我有趣。

[14:37] And he's like, "Let's get 200 chicken attendees for the guy who drove attendance more than anybody else, and we'll give him the annual attendee award."
  他就像，“让我们为那个比任何人都更能带动出席的人弄到 200 只鸡的出席者，然后我们将给他年度出席者奖。”

[14:46] And I was like, "That's hysterical. Let's do that."
  我就像，“太搞笑了。我们这样做吧。”

[14:49] So I want you to think about what is your year going to be?
  所以我想让你思考一下你的一年将会是什么样的？

[14:54] Now one of the final questions becomes how do you actually follow through on these?
  现在，最后一个问题变成了你如何真正地坚持这些？

[14:59] Because your life is going to be your daily actions multiplied and compounded.
  因为你的生活将是你每天行动的乘积和复利。

[15:04] And so a long time ago I read a book by Sam Walton, the creator of [snorts] Walmart.
  所以很久以前我读了山姆·沃尔顿，也就是 [鼻息] 沃尔玛的创始人的一本书。

[15:08] It's an incredible book and he talks about obsessively measurable daily goals.
  这是一本令人难以置信的书，他谈到了痴迷于可衡量的每日目标。

[15:14] obsessively measurable daily goals.
  痴迷于可衡量的每日目标。

[15:16] And so how he sets his goals.
  所以他如何设定目标。

[15:16] Well, I think so how he sets his goals.
  嗯，我想所以他如何设定目标。

[15:18] Well, I think you guys have your big goals already.
  嗯，我想你们已经有了你们的大目标。

[15:18] you guys have your big goals already.
  你们已经有了你们的大目标。

[15:20] Now you have your more of less of list.
  现在你有你的或多或少的清单。

[15:20] Now you have your more of less of list.
  现在你有你的或多或少的清单。

[15:22] And instead of setting like a bunch of corporate objectives, Walton would set
  与其设定一堆公司目标，沃顿会设定

[15:25] corporate objectives, Walton would set daily numeric targets that everybody
  公司目标，沃顿会设定每个人都能看到的每日数字目标。

[15:27] daily numeric targets that everybody could see.
  每个人都能看到的每日数字目标。

[15:29] So for his company, that might have been like sales per square
  所以对他的公司来说，这可能是每平方英尺的销售额，

[15:30] might have been like sales per square foot, inventory turnover, store growth,
  库存周转率，店铺增长，

[15:34] foot, inventory turnover, store growth, shrinkage reduction.
  损耗减少。

[15:35] shrinkage reduction.
  损耗减少。

[15:35] He believes everything improves when everyone knows
  他相信当每个人都知道

[15:37] everything improves when everyone knows the score.
  当每个人都知道比分时，一切都会改善。

[15:39] the score.
  比分。

[15:39] I think that's the same in business and in life.
  我认为这在商业和生活中都是一样的。

[15:41] business and in life.
  商业和生活中。

[15:41] So, the question for you is, what are you tracking every
  所以，你的问题是，你每天在跟踪什么，

[15:43] for you is, what are you tracking every day to make sure that you actually know
  为了确保你真的知道

[15:45] day to make sure that you actually know the scoreboard?
  比分？

[15:47] the scoreboard?
  比分？

[15:47] And one of the ways I do this that I'll show you right now, I use
  我做到这一点的一种方式是，我现在就给你展示，我使用

[15:49] this that I'll show you right now, I use an act app called Streaks.
  我现在就给你展示，我使用一个名为 Streaks 的应用程序。

[15:51] an act app called Streaks.
  一个名为 Streaks 的应用程序。

[15:51] I'm not affiliated with it, but I should be
  我与它没有关联，但我应该有关联，

[15:53] affiliated with it, but I should be because I use it all the time.
  因为我一直都在使用它。

[15:56] because I use it all the time.
  因为我一直都在使用它。

[15:56] And um and basically this app uh shows you kind
  嗯，基本上这个应用程序会告诉你

[16:01] and basically this app uh shows you kind of like each day if you hit your streak
  基本上这个应用程序会告诉你，你每天是否达到了你的连胜纪录，

[16:03] of like each day if you hit your streak or not on the small things you care
  或者在你在意的小事情上是否达到了你的连胜纪录。

[16:05] or not on the small things you care about.
  或者在你在意的小事情上是否达到了你的连胜纪录。

[16:05] And so on here it's like workout
  所以在这里，就像锻炼一样，

[16:07] about.
  关于。

[16:07] And so on here it's like workout for me probiotic sauna son focus on
  所以在这里，就像锻炼一样，对我来说是益生菌桑拿儿子专注于

[16:10] for me probiotic sauna son focus on something to do with revenue blah blah
  对我来说是益生菌桑拿儿子专注于与收入有关的事情，等等，

[16:13] something to do with revenue blah blah blah.
  与收入有关的事情，等等，等等。

[16:13] Um you can have one just like
  嗯，你可以有一个就像

[16:15] blah.
  胡说。

[16:15] Um you can have one just like this.
  嗯，你可以有一个就像这个。

[16:19] Uh he told this story that I loved.
  呃，他讲了这个我喜欢的故事。

[16:20] If you haven't read the book it's super good.
  如果你还没读过这本书，它超级棒。

[16:22] But Walt Walton would basically talk about how he drove a 100,000 miles a year with one goal to visit the stores and ask managers what is your goal today?
  但沃尔特·沃尔顿基本上会谈到他一年开 10 万英里，只有一个目标，就是去商店问经理们，你今天的目标是什么？

[16:30] Not this quarter today.
  不是这个季度今天。

[16:34] And then he would ask them uh often if they hit it, how do they know if they're going to hit their goals or not?
  然后他会经常问他们，如果他们达到了，他们怎么知道自己是否会达到目标呢？

[16:39] So today, go follow my little chart for you because I know that if you obsess on the thing you want every single day, you're more likely to get it.
  所以今天，去跟着我为你准备的小图表，因为我知道如果你每天都专注于你想要的东西，你更有可能得到它。

[16:46] And so let's talk about some patterns here.
  所以，让我们来谈谈这里的一些模式。

[16:48] What have I seen from the greatest people in the world about setting goals?
  我从世界上最伟大的人那里看到了关于设定目标的什么？

[16:52] There's really only five patterns, and if you hit them, you will achieve your goals more often.
  真的只有五种模式，如果你能掌握它们，你将更频繁地实现你的目标。

[16:55] Pattern one, they set far fewer goals than normal people.
  模式一，他们设定的目标比普通人少得多。

[16:59] two or three directional goals, thousands of executive decisions continuously over time.
  两三个方向性目标，成千上万的执行决策持续不断。

[17:05] Pattern two, their goals are binary, not incremental.
  模式二，他们的目标是二元的，而不是渐进的。

[17:08] So, make life multilanetary, dominate microprocessors, become the most customer obsessed company on earth, become a mom, find a husband, grow your
  所以，让生活变得多行星化，主宰微处理器，成为地球上最痴迷客户的公司，成为母亲，找到丈夫，发展你的

[17:17] Become a mom, find a husband, grow your business.
  成為母親，找到丈夫，發展你的事業。

[17:20] Binary goals, they are business.
  二元目標，它們是商業。

[17:22] Binary goals, they are qualitative in some ways, but they lead to massive quantitative outcomes.
  二元目標，它們在某些方面是定性的，但它們會帶來巨大的定量結果。

[17:24] They will change the trajectory of your life.
  它們將改變你人生的軌跡。

[17:26] Pattern three, they all use time horizons that scare normal people.
  第三種模式，它們都使用會嚇到普通人的時間範圍。

[17:28] Bezos famously talked about seven-year flywheels.
  貝佐斯曾聲稱談論過七年的飛輪效應。

[17:31] Gates is known as a multi-decade architect.
  蓋茨被稱為跨越數十年的建築師。

[17:35] Walton, he did daily execution but on decades-long wins.
  沃爾頓，他進行日常執行，但著眼於數十年的勝利。

[17:38] And then Musk does 20 to 50-year targets.
  然後馬斯克設定了 20 到 50 年的目標。

[17:40] Pattern four, they don't confuse goals with tasks.
  第四種模式，他們不將目標與任務混淆。

[17:43] So they set direction and then build systems.
  所以他們設定方向，然後建立系統。

[17:45] And five, they document and they track because what gets measured gets managed.
  第五，他們記錄並追蹤，因為什麼被衡量就會被管理。

[17:48] Just like Peter Drucker says, the great thing for you guys to know this year, it takes 21 days to create a habit.
  就像彼得·德魯克所說，今年你們要了解的一件大事是，養成一個習慣需要 21 天。

[17:50] But I think it takes 90 days to create a totally different lifestyle.
  但我認為要創造一種完全不同的生活方式需要 90 天。

[17:53] Start your timer.
  啟動你的計時器。

[17:55] It is now day one.
  現在是第一天。
